Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2014, 22:09   #9871
Senior Member+

Today in pictures

I hope my comments weren't seen as criticism, accyex wanted to improve on his pics, advising how to improve on something does inevitably mean being shown something that needs improving. It was a small point on a good photo that when looking into your cameras settings can be avoided...or shoot RAW and put it right later
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-10-2014, 22:28   #9872

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I hope my comments weren't seen as criticism, accyex wanted to improve on his pics, advising how to improve on something does inevitably mean being shown something that needs improving. It was a small point on a good photo that when looking into your cameras settings can be avoided...or shoot RAW and put it right later
When I was at pottery boot camp (Sheridan College 3 year program in Ceramics) we were introduced to the idea of the 'Crit' or critique. Our work was subjected to scrutiny by the instructor and all our peers in the class. At first it was hard to be vulnerable, but soon we came to recognize the value of other's opinions, even though our artistic vision was being critiqued. I see your input as being directed at technical issues, and not artistic ones. It's a different animal
mobertol likes this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 22:36   #9873
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Beautifully shot. What a fine thing you started here with this thread, Davemac. So many people from all over the globe, inspired to see their world a little differently, and share it with others
It was something that someone else did on another thread that triggered a thought, that in turn started this thread, I did think at the time that perhaps I would be the only one putting pictures up on the site. Thankfully it became what it is today, and now has a life of its own and I can say with all honesty now belongs to all those who view and contribute. If you look at the stats for this thread it is among the highest views, also it is one of the only threads that is devoid of nasty negative comments. (I realise posting that comment will get a few jokers posting).

Quote:
Constructive comments and criticism are always a good thing, none of us have all the solutions to problems. I would like to think if one of my pictures could be improved with a different viewpoint or a different setting then someone would say so, I wouldn't take the "hump" and I don't think anyone else would on here.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 06:29   #9874
Beacon of light

Quote:
No, I hoped you would not take my comment as a criticism......I think most of us have 'upped our game' since this thread began.
I just wanted to make the comment that even those pictures which some might consider need 'tweaking'(and there is lots of post production stuff out there to do this with)they still have a validity and photographs are very subjective.

The more you know, the more you can see which could be improved.
For myself.....I shoot first and ask questions later.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 13:56   #9875
Senior Member+

Some Autumnal ones today.

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg1.jpg

We got lost when we got to the footpath sign in no 6 as to which way to go.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 20:33   #9876
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

As we're here on our jollies, a trip up the coast to Knott end then around to Fleetwood.

The "Wyre Rose" foot passenger ferry that flitteth twixt Knott end & Fleetwood - Fleetwood seen from Knott end - Fleetwood beach -Artyfarty beach shot - Rescue boat trainers - "Welcome Home" - The weathering/rusted hull of the "Sea Maide" - Light towers & Lifeboat station.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000037(1).jpg (213.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1000038(1).jpg (204.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1000042(1).jpg (291.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1000043(1).jpg (168.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1000044(1).jpg (219.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1000047(1).JPG (472.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1000049(1).jpg (178.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg P1000050(1).jpg (224.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 15-10-2014, 20:40   #9877
Senior Member+

Not had much opportunity the last few days so here are a few I took earlier this week or perhaps it was Sunday, that shows how busy I have been when I lose track of the days. A quick gust of Gatty Park.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _1280016.JPG (374.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _1280020.JPG (435.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg _1280021.JPG (482.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg _1280027.JPG (494.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg _1280056.JPG (478.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 15-10-2014, 20:50   #9878
Beacon of light

There was blue sky so it must have been the weekend.....we haven't had much blue sky over the last couple of days......I know because my washing has languished indoors.
Lovely pictures.
Old 15-10-2014, 22:38   #9879
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There was blue sky so it must have been the weekend.....we haven't had much blue sky over the last couple of days......I know because my washing has languished indoors.
Lovely pictures.
It was indeed Sunday, just checked the exif info, should have done that first but it never dawned on me.
Old 16-10-2014, 06:12   #9880
Beacon of light

The simplest solutions sometimes elude us.
The only reason I thought it was Sunday was, I got two lines of washing dry and put away before dark.....what a sad life I lead
Old 16-10-2014, 06:21   #9881
Senior Member+

Quote:
The simplest solutions sometimes elude us.
The only reason I thought it was Sunday was, I got two lines of washing dry and put away before dark.....what a sad life I lead
I know what you mean, I was going to rinse my smalls through but got distracted.
Old 16-10-2014, 07:06   #9882
Beacon of light

I have just noticed that Gpick has pictures in the Observer......well done!
mobertol and gpick24 like this.
Old 16-10-2014, 07:18   #9883
Senior Member+

Quote:
I have just noticed that Gpick has pictures in the Observer......well done!
Thanks, I`ve had a few in now. Haven`t seen paper yet which pic is it.
Old 16-10-2014, 07:34   #9884
Beacon of light

The one of the foggy morning with the pylon sticking through the fog......I like that picture very much.
And another one too...farm at sunset.
gpick24 likes this.
Old 16-10-2014, 07:40   #9885
Senior Member+

Quote:
The one of the foggy morning with the pylon sticking through the fog......I like that picture very much.
And another one too...farm at sunset.
OK thanks.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..