Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2008, 21:52   #1
Resting in Peace

Cheques.

Is there a minimum of how much you can pay by cheque ? Could be my only defence.

Those cretins NatWest have now charged me £12 (Administration) for a debit of .90p on my Mastercard. Thought I had paid it all off, but no showed up this .90p (after payment) Must admit ignored it .. but they have not ignored me ! Also card protection of £29 .. OK , fair enough, but did get a letter saying they had cancelled this insurance, 'cause I was not following their rules. Taken another look and did say payment protection, so suppose been stupid.

Will ask them to cancel this card tomorrow .. do not wish to use it again.
Any dialogue I could go with on this ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2008, 09:18   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Cheques.

I once got a cheque for 31 pence kate, if thats any help
Old 06-10-2008, 09:43   #3
God Member

I pay with cash for all things as it is easier most of the time. As for cheques I thought that the max was based on the guarentee on the card. As for a minimum I aint a clue though did get a 17 pence refund on one. I didnt cash it due to shock.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 13:26   #4
Resting in Peace

Thanks fellas .. not the answer I hoped for, thought could plead couldn't pay this .90p due to below minimum limit for cheque ... looks like they may have me by the short and curlers..
Old 06-10-2008, 13:42   #5
God Member

Kicking off in the branch sometimes works Katex, but dont tell them I said so, we bank with them, lol
Old 06-10-2008, 13:45   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Kicking off in the branch sometimes works Katex, but dont tell them I said so, we bank with them, lol
Yes, heard Martyn Lewis say this once, but I am not very brave at 'kicking off'. Will have to send something today or will get more charges ! .. suppose I could have paid cash at the NatWest in Accrington, but costs more in petrol to get there ..
Old 06-10-2008, 14:29   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Yes, heard Martyn Lewis say this once, but I am not very brave at 'kicking off'. Will have to send something today or will get more charges ! .. suppose I could have paid cash at the NatWest in Accrington, but costs more in petrol to get there ..
Get yourself On Line banking

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 14:32   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Get yourself On Line banking
Do have it Margaret, but always kept the Mastercard separate for some reason.
Old 06-10-2008, 14:39   #9
God Member

If you have an online current account you should be able to send the 90p using the 'pay a bill' facility

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 15:51   #10

you can claim all your charges back 12 quid and over on credit cards it costs 10 quid and might get you thousands back, and if you were mis sold the PPI you can get all that back too
tracy0210 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..