Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 09:36   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Help needed in writing a letter of complaint please

Where did you buy it from?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:19   #17
Junior Member+

To guarentee getting sommat free, get your kids to write it. I remember when I was little, about 8 or something, my parents were wallpapering our study, and the paper was crap. Kept peeling back off and splitting. I'm a very sensitive soul and was really mad that it had upset my parents!
Anyway, so unbeknown to my parents, I wrote a letter to the company telling them how disappointed we were and that it had ruined a day's decorating and a lot of money. Must have sounded like an 8 year old cause they sent us £100 worth of vouchers! Sweet.
A cunning plan x
Old 06-05-2008, 10:21   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobie View Post
To guarentee getting sommat free, get your kids to write it. I remember when I was little, about 8 or something, my parents were wallpapering our study, and the paper was crap. Kept peeling back off and splitting. I'm a very sensitive soul and was really mad that it had upset my parents!
Anyway, so unbeknown to my parents, I wrote a letter to the company telling them how disappointed we were and that it had ruined a day's decorating and a lot of money. Must have sounded like an 8 year old cause they sent us £100 worth of vouchers! Sweet.
A cunning plan x

Awwww two 2 yr old's writing How sweet!

Doubt they'd get what they were trying to say tho lol
Old 06-05-2008, 10:36   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Where did you buy it from?
I bought it from Homebase, cant see any problem in returning it but its just what it did that has bothered me. I know when I take it back I WILL get my money back

And get my kids to write it??? They will just scribble, dont think it will get me anywhere, might ring them and put them on the phone though, the operator will be very confused, they conversation from my two would go something like "Hiya, yeah, yeah, yeah, get down, yeah, yeah, mummy, papa, yeah, yeah, seeya, b'bye"
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:37   #20
Junior Member+

well, sure, obviously if you've got toddlers it isn't going to work!
Old 06-05-2008, 18:26   #21
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I have only ever written 2 letters of complaint, both of which involved holidays... I was compensated on both occasions..(and quite rightly so)

My advice would be :-
1) Address your letter to the most senior person in the organisation, the Chief Exec with a copy to the Customer Service Manager.

2) Make it clear that this is a letter of complaint.

3) List your complaints/the faults, and stick to the facts.

4) Send photographic proof if necessary.

5) Be polite and reasonable in your letter, (do not slag anyone off).

6) Make it clear that you will not use their company/airline/product again unless they can give you a reason to do so.

This is what I've done on both occasions and it has worked ok for me. Good luck.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 18:28   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
I bought it from Homebase, cant see any problem in returning it but its just what it did that has bothered me. I know when I take it back I WILL get my money back

And get my kids to write it??? They will just scribble, dont think it will get me anywhere, might ring them and put them on the phone though, the operator will be very confused, they conversation from my two would go something like "Hiya, yeah, yeah, yeah, get down, yeah, yeah, mummy, papa, yeah, yeah, seeya, b'bye"
yak yak, meow, BAAAAAH!! (evil sheep)

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 18:28   #23
Senior Member+

Thanks for all your help.

My "wounds" are healing slowly, they might have started to heal quicker if jack hadn't figured out that he gets an "Ouch" every time he pokes them!
Old 06-05-2008, 18:29   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
yak yak, meow, BAAAAAH!! (evil sheep)
and nag, nag, nag of course
Old 06-05-2008, 18:35   #25

I agree with Lettie - I always start at the top & work down - always find that customer service dep't don't exist to seriously help you, more often its to prevent them upstairs from finding out whats going on

Every time I have used this method it works wonders; as can also be testified by my daughter, a member of AccyWeb too, who followed my advice and got results

And to help Flymo are owned by Husqvarna, the CEO is called Bengt Andersson and their address is Box 30224, SE-104 25, Stockholm
Old 06-05-2008, 18:37   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmc View Post
I agree with Lettie - I always start at the top & work down - always find that customer service dep't don't exist to seriously help you, more often its to prevent them upstairs from finding out whats going on

Every time I have used this method it works wonders; as can also be testified by my daughter, a member of AccyWeb too, who followed my advice and got results

And to help Flymo are owned by Husqvarna, the CEO is called Bengt Andersson and their address is Box 30224, SE-104 25, Stockholm

Oooooh, now that maight help me, thanks very much for this info

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..