Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 20:28   #1
Senior Member+

Help needed in writing a letter of complaint please

Some of you may think that this is a bit of a pathetic complaint but I am unimpressed and want they manufacturer to know this.

On saturday I bought a Flymo grass trimmer hoping to be able to sort my garden out a bit. I got it home, assembled it as per the instructions and was good to go. I tried it and the cable reel thing came off when i turned it on and some of the cable came loose. I checked the instructions to make sure that I put it back on properly as this was already attatched when i got it. So i re-wound in the cable and checked that all the fittings etc were tight, pulled the trigger for a second and all seemed fine. I then headed off out to start on the garden. When i turned it on again outisde the reel thing came off again, this time though "whipping" my leg and leaving two small but very deep gashes that were pouring with blood and took ages to stop bleeding. I am going to return this strimmer to where I bought it but do want to register a complaint with Flymo I just dont know how to word it and dont want to sound pathtic when I do. Can anyone help me in the wording of this complaint please

Thanks
Em
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-05-2008, 20:30   #2
God Member

Re: Help needed in writing a letter of complaint please

no i dont think thats pathetic, i dont blame you for wanting to write to them, its obviously their fault

i'd word the letter something like this

Dear Sir/Madam
YOUR FLYMO IS CRAP AND I WANT A REFUND
Old 05-05-2008, 20:32   #3
God Member

I don't think it's a pathetic complaint, it sounds like you cut yourself quite badly.
Old 05-05-2008, 21:00   #4

Google “ How to write a Complaint letter”..you can even get templates, best to pick out what you think are the good bits from the various sites though…bugger the template. Try Here

Think the main rules are to make sure it is marked as Complaint, that way they are under no misapprehensions, keep it short, polite and to the point, don’t get sidetracked. Send it recorded deliver too. Also keep a copy.

Last edited by Bonnyboy; 05-05-2008 at 21:07.
Bonnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 21:12   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Google “ How to write a Complaint letter”..you can even get templates, best to pick out what you think are the good bits from the various sites though…bugger the template. Try Here

Think the main rules are to make sure it is marked as Complaint, that way they are under no misapprehensions, keep it short, polite and to the point, don’t get sidetracked. Send it recorded deliver too. Also keep a copy.

I think the main thing to remember is to keep it polite whether you are telephoning or writing a complaint.

I work in customer services and I feel much more inclined to help someone who has kept a civil tongue in their head. Some people abuse us, very often we understand their frustrations but name calling and bad language is totally uncalled for and doesn't get you anywhere.
Old 05-05-2008, 21:15   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I think the main thing to remember is to keep it polite whether you are telephoning or writing a complaint.

I work in customer services and I feel much more inclined to help someone who has kept a civil tongue in their head. Some people abuse us, very often we understand their frustrations but name calling and bad language is totally uncalled for and doesn't get you anywhere.
I should know all this as I worked in customer services for years but im struggling because ive never been one to complain, but im always polite even when I do
Old 05-05-2008, 21:22   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
I should know all this as I worked in customer services for years but im struggling because ive never been one to complain, but im always polite even when I do
The templates on Bonnyboy's link cover the info you need to get in.
Old 05-05-2008, 21:22   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post

All so very true. If I have to whinge via the telephone, I tend to start by telling the other person that I’m after a bit of guidance and ask if they can help. I always keep it as friendly as possible
Old 05-05-2008, 21:27   #9

Dont just accept a refund tho hun, take a photo of the of the injury and send them a copy
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 21:29   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Dont just accept a refund tho hun, take a photo of the of the injury and send them a copy

It hardly looks anything really, but when you look closely you can tell that they are deep wounds but I doubt that a photograph will show this properly
Old 05-05-2008, 21:36   #11
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Put it on e-bay with a description like that there are some that will pay a fortune!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 21:47   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Put it on e-bay with a description like that there are some that will pay a fortune!
Now come on, she's not after selling her legs Less
Old 05-05-2008, 21:48   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
Now come on, she's not after selling her legs Less

Not on their own....... am considering selling my body (to medical science) might earn an extra few quid lol
Old 05-05-2008, 22:00   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Not on their own....... am considering selling my body (to medical science) might earn an extra few quid lol

Which they would then want back, for hire of crutches
Old 05-05-2008, 22:06   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
Which they would then want back, for hire of crutches
Good point!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..