Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 07:24   #1
God Member

Landlords!

In the Corgi installer magazine this month, a landlord who has 12 flats, but didnt have them certificated by a corgi registered installer, has been fined £24,840 with £13,481.02 in costs, by the Health and Safety Executive, Madhu Bhajanehatti had already been in reciept of improvement notices from the HSE and ignored them.
Another point which recently raised fines for landlords, was failure to have a property re-tested upon change of tenancy.
I personally think this is fantastic, some landlords have, in my opinion, got away with far too much in the way they treat thier tenants, and it is time they were brought to book!
Accrington Web
Old 03-11-2008, 07:54   #2
God Member

Re: Landlords!

he should have had his flats taken off him, thats putting the tenants lives at risk

what an arse
Old 03-11-2008, 09:15   #3
God Member

Agree Derek these people need to put their tenants safety first, wonder if they would be happy to live in property which hadn't complied with safety rules!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:06   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Agree Derek these people need to put their tenants safety first, wonder if they would be happy to live in property which hadn't complied with safety rules!!!
Probably wouldn't live in these properties with or without safty rules Berne
Old 03-11-2008, 10:23   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Probably wouldn't live in these properties with or without safty rules Berne
How true is that, we couldn't even contact my daughters landlord the other year about her boiler that kept breaking down. Turned out to be illegal and very dangerous
Old 03-11-2008, 10:59   #6
God Member

i wouldnt live in a private rented house if you paid me
Old 03-11-2008, 11:02   #7
God Member

There are some decent landlords out there but god help you if you get one that isn't interested in the tenants wellbeing!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:04   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
There are some decent landlords out there but god help you if you get one that isn't interested in the tenants wellbeing!!!
Rackman is still alive and kicking, unfortunately
Old 03-11-2008, 12:55   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i wouldnt live in a private rented house if you paid me
Some people really dont have a choice. With house prices so high and an average £10,000 deposit it is the only choice for those who cant afford a mortgage.

Have you seen me dancing, i mean really dancing!!!

Claire Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 13:03   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Cal View Post
Some people really dont have a choice. With house prices so high and an average £10,000 deposit it is the only choice for those who cant afford a mortgage.

i wasnt referring to affording a mortgage, i would rather live in a council house than a private rented house, at least you know its safe
Old 03-11-2008, 13:08   #11

Quote:
i wasnt referring to affording a mortgage, i would rather live in a council house than a private rented house, at least you know its safe
Your lucky to get a council house unless your homeless Been there done that and with no luck.

Old 03-11-2008, 13:09   #12
God Member

Quote:
Problem there being if you haven't got the required points you could be on the list for ever. For some people private renting is the only choice
Old 03-11-2008, 13:11   #13

Quote:
Problem there being if you haven't got the required points you could be on the list for ever. For some people private renting is the only choice
Very true Bernie. We HAD to privately rent because we had too many points. We had to be homeless before we would be put to the top of the list. Something you cant do wjen you have children!

Old 03-11-2008, 13:13   #14
Senior Member+

I am looking at private atm, the council waiting lists are too long

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 18:27   #15
Caz
God Member

My previous landlord (private..3 properties) took 2 months to provide me with a certificate. told me he had one, but when we moved in, (out of necessity), it wasn't forthcoming. He told me he had mislaid the certificate when I asked him to produce it. I said I wanted proof or I would make an official complaint. Pointed out he was risking a massive fine or even a prison sentence. He then got someone to come round, and both gas fires were condemned.

We already knew the boiler was safe, as the day we moved in we had a leak, and a guy came round and said he had fitted that, so we had just been using hot water - luckily it was summer. The same guy did the gas check, and said the landlord wouldn't spend anything unless forced into it.

Not all private landlords are bad, as not all agencies are bad. I know some, who shall remain unnamed have a bad rep. I seem to have found a good one now, touch wood. Morris property management, in case any one is interested.

PS, anyone interested in renting 2 Horne St, Accrington, if it is advertised, steer well clear! we even had to repair our own stair steps.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..