Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2008, 10:55   #196
God Member

Re: Years Gone By

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
It's an amusement arcade now, called the Blue Lagoon...sacrilege!
Still the same guy though is it not?
Old 21-08-2008, 10:55   #197
Super Moderator

Too right, mate! Practically lived there in the late 60's. A frothy coffee and a few sounds blasting out of the jukebox...paradise!
Old 21-08-2008, 10:56   #198
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Still the same guy though is it not?
Wouldn't know, as I can find plenty more ways to waste my money than slot machines!
Old 21-08-2008, 13:33   #199
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Pardon me or asking but its years since I was in Accy, well that part of Accy anyway, but is the Blue Dahlia still there. I used to know the lad who ran it, he was called John, (Javani Annapo) he came from Sicily, was a great guy used to play pool with him in the Swan in the mid 70s, if I remeber rightly he took up British Citezenship.
thought it was "Chris" the owner
Old 21-08-2008, 13:44   #200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeah, now you come to mention it, I remember him being called Chris, too. Nice bloke.
Old 21-08-2008, 13:48   #201
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Yeah, now you come to mention it, I remember him being called Chris, too. Nice bloke.
yep top geezer,maybe the other guy owned it n chris was manager
Old 21-08-2008, 13:51   #202
Super Moderator

It could well have been, Mr C. One thing's for sure...he always kept a well-stocked jukebox!
Old 21-08-2008, 13:52   #203
God Member

Quote:
who remembers the sunken toilets on dutton street? the old tax office was across to the right going up from woolworths, and when roughly were they closed n sealed up?
How many times you puke up in there, Cashy?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 13:53   #204
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
How many times you puke up in there, Cashy?
in all honesty never, cos it was always nearer to the pub bogs.
Old 21-08-2008, 13:59   #205
God Member

Remember when most pub bogs were outdoors? A far healthier option, in my opinion. Never any smells and it made a man out of you going out in the rain. The only problem was the lights rarely worked. Are there any outdoor bogs left in Accy/Hyndburn?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 16:06   #206
Resting in Peace

Quote:
When I was going in regularly in the mid 70s, it was owned by a bloke called Alf, as in Alfonso Alaria and Javani managed it for him, Alf ran the Blue Dahlia on Blackburn boulevard and he lived in Darwen
Old 21-08-2008, 16:09   #207
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
When I was going in regularly in the mid 70s, it was owned by a bloke called Alf, as in Alfonso Alaria and Javani managed it for him, Alf ran the Blue Dahlia on Blackburn boulevard and he lived in Darwen
ah chris musta flogged it him then.
Old 21-08-2008, 18:50   #208
Resting in Peace

you just used to leave your stuff in the cubicle... I once got my shoes nicked: lucky my dad came to pick me up:
used to get soup from the machine... and the highlight in winter was when they turned on the lights.... wowwwwwwwwwww easy to please we were:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 18:53   #209
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Remember when most pub bogs were outdoors? A far healthier option, in my opinion. Never any smells and it made a man out of you going out in the rain. The only problem was the lights rarely worked. Are there any outdoor bogs left in Accy/Hyndburn?
oh theres loads of outdoor bogs in accy T, just watch the chavs on a sat night you will soon see em.
Old 21-08-2008, 18:56   #210
Resting in Peace

Quote:

shhhhhhh they will go back to the old ways: after all we have to smoke outside... so may as well:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..