Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2011, 09:02   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Your best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_counsell View Post
Chin wag!! I haven't heard that for years. Do you ever ask yourself where these expressions come from?
To be honest 'Chin wag' sounds a bit Chinese.
Now come on all the true Lancastrians, and give me the origins of this expression
Well to me its self explanatory Sue, when your talking your chin is wagging
Old 14-03-2012, 07:04   #32
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I too missed this thread first time round.

Could have been getting some winter sun...at two of my best friends.

Lovely first post, and photos Katex.

I've got three.

I've had lots of wonderful friends throughout my life, but three I know would do anything for me, and I them.

All three now live abroad, but miles don't matter a jot. True friendship knows no barriers, or time differences.

Milly is now back in Milan, and John and Don are in Gran Canaria.

With those three people there is total trust, the same humour, and the same love. Most importantly for me, total forgiveness...no matter how much trouble I cause.

Even though I met my best friends at different times of my life, we all get on.

We were all invited to Milly's wedding last year, on a tiny island in Lake Como. My best friends have become best friends with each other, which is fantastic.

We'll all be best friends until we start kickin' the bucket.
So excited.

Milly's coming to see me in May, and bringing her new husband Paolo with her, to show him the delights of this part of Lancashire, and Oliver Twist, as she insists on saying.

She still works in fashion, based in Milan, but lives over the border in Switzerland now.

They're here when the Queen's due to visit Accy.

I'll just cod on that I've arranged all the bunting for them.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 22:10   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
So excited.

Milly's coming to see me in May, and bringing her new husband Paolo with her, to show him the delights of this part of Lancashire, and Oliver Twist, as she insists on saying.

She still works in fashion, based in Milan, but lives over the border in Switzerland now.

They're here when the Queen's due to visit Accy.

I'll just cod on that I've arranged all the bunting for them.

you could push it a bit further and say you arranged for the Queen to visit
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote

« old boys | Broth »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..