Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2004, 19:37   #1

Advice Needed

I was just wondering if any body knows anything about playstation 2s as mines seems to be broken
Everytime i try to play a game it just says disk read error
I would be most grateful if anybody could tell me what could be wrong with it?
Or has any past experience of what is is like when u open one up as i am thinking of doing so to see if i can locate the problem

I have already tryed to clean the laser using a special Laser cleaning CD (basically a CD with a tiny brush on it) but this doesnt work!!!

If u do know any details please just leave a message below
Old 18-10-2004, 09:57   #2

Re: Advice Needed

It sounds as if the laser that reads your games is broken. Do NOT attempt to open the console yourself unless you know what you are doing. I don't know how old your console is - if its relativley new is it still under warranty?

I work in a games store, so I know you can't buy anything over the counter to fix this yourself. I recommend Park Computers in B'burn - they know what they are doing over there.
-pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2004, 18:58   #3

Well ur post was too late and i opened it up and it was the laser what needed cleaning and also the loading tray came of its runner, so that complicated things it took me about 3 hours to finsh and get it working but now all is good

Thanks for the advice

And a tip to anyone else dont open it up unless u know what u are doing
I didnt but flucked it

By the way how much would a new laser of cost if it had of broke?

Thanks again

Steven

Last edited by Steven; 18-10-2004 at 18:59. Reason: error
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2004, 07:11   #4

I don't know how much exactly. I only have a basic knowledge of how they work. I can't see it being that much though.
-pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2004, 10:30   #5

[QUOTE=Steven]I was just wondering if any body knows anything about playstation 2s as mines seems to be broken
Everytime i try to play a game it just says disk read error

My sisters ps2 was the same she rang sony on tuesday, wednesday morning a man in a van cameand replaced it with a brand new one. The ps2 was purchased last December for christmas.
If anyone has problems with ps2 ring them they replace it with a new one.
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..