Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2004, 08:41   #31
Resident Waffler

Re: Bt Internet

Certainly doesn't sound like it. Don't let them fob you off that it is - that's as bad as Hyndburnlife blaming people and their cookies for the inability to register.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2005, 16:53   #32
Resting in Peace

Has anyone had problems with BT Broadband again today 18/01/05 i know of 2 people that have upto now
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005, 17:11   #33

I had trouble earlier with btinernet but it seems to have cleared now
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005, 17:20   #34
I am Band

Question Re: Bt Internet

No problems whatsoever, Mick. I went on-line at 5:15pm

It fired up first time. If anything, it appeared to boot up faster than normal.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 18-01-2005 at 20:13. Reason: additional info.
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005, 20:04   #35
mez
God Member

mines been fine since bout 2pm this avo, this morning was awful bt broadband went haywire completly.
Old 18-01-2005, 20:20   #36
Resident Waffler

I had trouble with AOL earlier today. I was online and left the house to do an errand, came back and the connection had been lost. Phoned up AOL as the error message advised and got through to a person who told me his name was "Sam" (which I doubted but didn't argue). After discussing my date of birth and mother's maiden name he decided there had been a "problem with saoofhhahhafoowaaahhaa" in this area to day. When I asked him to repeat that as I hadn't quite caught what he said he told me "There has been a problem in your area with the AOL sooahhaaafaaawahhhaaa today".

By that time, as I was continually trying to log on. I made it onto AOL and informed him that I was now online OK and he said he couldn't understand me and hung up!

I phoned again, got someone whose name wasn't Alan ( why do they do that?) who decided we needed to repair my connectivity. Having done that everything is now apparently hunky dorey.

Why am I telling you this? I was just wondering if maybe you might also be having problems with your "sooohaafaaahaaawaaahaaaa".

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 18-01-2005 at 20:21.
WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005, 23:26   #37
Senior Member+

My connection has been slow for the past couple of days - pages on this forum are taking awhile to load up, and yesterday I had real problems getting online.

I thought it was my ISP, but as everyone else is having problems, it may not be Tiscali (just for a change!)

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..