Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2011, 18:34   #16
Senior Member+

Re: iphone photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It is yes, externally linked pictures can be removed or changed by the hosting site so we prefer them uploaded to here instead.

I know it does happen and I am sure I will have done it as many do.

I deleted a for sale thread recently because the item pictures were externally hosted and had been removed by the host because the thread was getting to be months old. When they get removed it leaves gaps in the thread which looks naff and often makes the thread pointless.
So is uploading from Photo Bucket frowned Upon?

I prefair photo bucket then I can control the image, if I want to remove it from the thred I can.
Old 10-01-2011, 19:07   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Yes Photobucket should not be used. If you want something changing you should ask a mod. If you just remove the picture from Photobucket you leave a thread with a picture missing.
Old 11-01-2011, 13:20   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Yes Photobucket should not be used. If you want something changing you should ask a mod. If you just remove the picture from Photobucket you leave a thread with a picture missing.
Is it in the Rules that Photo Bucket Cannot be used or is it just prefaired that its not used.

I will not upload to Forums, (personal preference).

Sureley if any poster wanted to remove there picture they have everyright to?
Old 11-01-2011, 14:21   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

The rule is

Quote:
Image Linking
Image linking is no longer permitted, as it’s a form of theft ‘stealing other websites band width’.
The reason is not the only reason though. When they are removed by the hosting site you can get this which makes the post or whole thread pointless

If you wanted a picture or post editing past the 10 minute allowed edit time just ask a mod.

Not sure why you would put a picture on you might want to take off later. I suppose if your not sure just dont post it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg removed.jpg (20.2 KB, 54 views)
Old 11-01-2011, 15:07   #20
God Member

Re the rule, if I host on My own webspace that I pay for why should that be an issue. no bandwidth theft has occured ( and TBH its saving ROY money). If I'm trying to use an image under copyright then fair does

as for threads that have pictures removed, if the post was something like a for sale then if its gone then people wont be interested or assume its been sold, whats the issue there. Most forums I go on ( and I go on a fair old few) none other block or discourage embedded links( in fact most encourage it).

In fact, what about the very threads of Accyweb Jukebox/You Tube posts? these are bigger users of bandwidth than images, are these now to be banned?

Maybe you should split this thread as its obviously a million miles off topic ( and as I've had perfectly good posts removed for far less diversion it is only fair to consider this the same)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 15:52   #21
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I know what your saying Ian, maybe we nee some clarification from Roy about what he wants. I am only following what I have been told before. I will PM Roy and ask him to read this thread and advise what it is he would like us to do.
Old 11-01-2011, 18:15   #22
Senior Member+

Thanks for looking into this as I will only use Photobucket to post pics on a forum and if its not allowed then I wont make the mistake of posting them.

I would see it as if a post had a pic and it had been removed by the user the post can be deleted.

I thought Image linking was more if I copy from another site, I was more meaning my own photobucket hosted photos.

Why would I want to delete a pic after I had posted it, I probably wouldnt but its always better to be in control.

Ps, I understand what your saying, see below thred, I apear to have deleted one or two from it, but most are still there even from 2007.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ght-32869.html

Last edited by ***Mr D***; 11-01-2011 at 18:21.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:13   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Was just wondering how much these iphones cost

they retail at £3-400 jaysay I was lucky enough to pick a pre-used one up at work for £200

- Look in the mirror before you start to judge others -
Lancashire Lassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:16   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Lassie View Post
they retail at £3-400 jaysay I was lucky enough to pick a pre-used one up at work for £200
Must have picked that up when you had a good week
Old 12-01-2011, 11:53   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Next you will say she should not have a laptop for work because they are expensive
Old 12-01-2011, 13:23   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Must have picked that up when you had a good week
Or saved up for it.
Old 12-01-2011, 19:15   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Or saved up for it.
Out of the money she told us she hasn't got
Old 07-03-2011, 00:30   #28
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancashire Lassie View Post
got some lovely photos of accy on my iphone is there anyway i can log on accy web on my iphone and upload the photos?

ive got the lead to plug itin to my pc but i havent got a clue what to do!! lmao x

You can connect your phone to the computer, then copy and paste your pics from the phone to the computer. They will be in the new drive that shows up on your computer, something like an E drive or F drive. Copy from that drive to a folder on your desktop or to my pics, using a folder you have set up and named beforehand.

If you need advice on how to do this, feel free to ask and I will give you more details of the steps to take.

Last edited by rishtongirl; 07-03-2011 at 00:31. Reason: Extra paragraph added.
rishtongirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..