Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2008, 12:22   #16
I am Banned

Re: Linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
usually if you get the disk sent out thier is the password and things on the case the cd came in thats what was on mine when i got mcafee with my dell pc the code and stuff was on the mcafee case
Sorry MCR ADIM, but Linux is free, no need for codes to activate.

Just noticed one thing on the disk cover, This Desktop Edition wil not run on Intel x86 systems (including Intel Pentium, Intel Core and AMD Athlon)

So its virtually useless to me anyway.
I've uninstalled it, and cleared the registry out as well.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-09-2008, 12:31   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Sorry MCR ADIM, but Linux is free, no need for codes to activate.

Just noticed one thing on the disk cover, This Desktop Edition wil not run on Intel x86 systems (including Intel Pentium, Intel Core and AMD Athlon)

So its virtually useless to me anyway.
I've uninstalled it, and cleared the registry out as well.

Retlaw.
So what have they sent you? the 64 bit edition?

I have the iso file on my PC, I'll burn you a copy if you want

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (31.0 KB, 24 views)

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 13:52   #18
God Member

thsi vesion of linux based os works on intel systems

Debian -- The Universal Operating System

download page is here aspparently its a small file that downloads what you want as you do the instalation process

http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst#smallcd

and here is a search page to locate downloads for whatever system your pc is

Linux Online - List of distributions

not a linux fan or too familiar with it but you may be able to find what you want using those sites

good luck

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 07-09-2008 at 13:56.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 14:17   #19
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
thsi vesion of linux based os works on intel systems
Debian -- The Universal Operating System
download page is here aspparently its a small file that downloads what you want as you do the instalation process
Installing Debian GNU/Linux via the Internet
and here is a search page to locate downloads for whatever system your pc is
Linux Online - List of distributions

not a linux fan or too familiar with it but you may be able to find what you want using those sites

good luck
Thanks Accyman
I don't know which version they have sent me, other than whats on the disk cover. I've decided not to bother, I don't have enough time left on this earth to put up with the hassle. Decided to carry on with what I've got at present, and hopefully finish the project, been at it on and off for 15 years now, and solidly every day for the past 5.

Retlaw.
Old 07-09-2008, 17:58   #20
God Member

15 years ?

are you making a doomsday machine ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 18:08   #21
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
15 years ?

are you making a doomsday machine ?
Its getting on that way.

Just trying to find every man who took the Kings shilling in what was called Greater Accrington, (now Hyndburn) 1914 - 1919, so far over 14,000, men and 4 women, trying to find where they lived, where they went to school, who their parents, brothers & sisters were, and what became of them. Those that died, where they are buried or commemorated, so far got over 2500 photo's of some of them, which will go on display at the Haworth Art Gallery in time for the 90th aniversery of the end of WWI.

Retlaw.

Retlaw.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..