Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2004, 08:56   #1

Talking 8 - 0 rovers thats what i call a good start!

Hi everyone i think you are all underestimating Rovers a little too much. The reason i have just said this is because we have just won 8 - 0 in our tour of Germany against sg schorndorf. The goalscorers were: Gallagher stead (2) dickov lucas neil jansen and a trialist scored two. Is this trialist maradonna because he is un named?
matthewm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-07-2004, 08:58   #2

Re: 8 - 0 rovers thats what i call a good start!

???Or i think we have somebody on trial from stockport county im not sure though???
matthewm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2004, 16:33   #3
I am Banned

? who was it ?
Stanley4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2004, 22:53   #4

I dont know? I think the trialist from STockport went a couple of days ago. Maybe Maradonna? Dont know. Good news about the 8-0 though. So we can still score!
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2004, 23:07   #5
Senior Member+

Maradona jr is on trial with a jock team.

Maradona Jr stays with Pars

Emanuela Catania has joined Diego Maradona Jr on trial
Dunfermline have extended Diego Maradona junior's trial.
The son of Argentine legend Diego Maradona spent Thursday and Friday in Fife and will now stay on for another week at East End Park.

"To be fair, he's not ready for the first team," said Dunfermline maanger David Hay.

"There is a bit of potential and maybe we can work on that potential. He cannot play any games just now as we have not got any clearance."

And according to his agent, Guido Barbarto, Maradona Jr is thinking hard about a move to East End Park.

"Honestly, the chances are good, although there is interest from Italy and outside Italy," said Barbarto.

"He loves Scotland, although he thinks it is a bit cold, and is wary of the media attention elsewhere."

Pars chairman John Yorkston stressed that Napoli had yet to confirm they had released Maradona Jr.

But he believed the wage demands of the 17-year-old midfielder could be met by the hard-up Scottish Premier League club.

"They are affordable," said Yorkston. "They have not asked for ridiculous amounts."

He's obviously got talent

Dunfermline boss Davie Hay
Yorkston stressed the decision on whether to sign Maradona Jr would be made by Hay.

"Any decision will be a football decision and it will be made by Davie in the first instance," said Yorkston.

On Thursday Dunfermline allowed supporters into their main stand so they could witness Maradona Jr and fellow Italian trialist Emanuela Catania in action.

Rovers eye Maradona junior

"He's obviously got talent," said Hay of Maradona Jr.

"But before you would make a permanent decision, there are other issues: the boy himself, whether he likes it or not, whether he can adapt to life in Scotland, and then there's the financial aspects."

Diego Senior twice won the Serie A title with Napoli, in 1987 and 1990, as well as the Uefa Cup in 1999 and the Coppa Italia in 1987.

He refused to recognise the child as his own until the Italian courts confirmed that the boy was his son after DNA tests were carried out in 1993.

Maradona Jr and Catania, a 23-year-old striker currently with Serie B club Cosenza, have been capped at youth level for Italy.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2004, 00:04   #6
Senior Member+

Guys do not think much about the 8 - 0.The team rovers played against are in a lower division than our conference.Last season Rovers played against Nurenburg ( a 2nd league team ) and lost 4 - 0.As i heard on Sky News today, Andy Cole is holding talks with Fulham.What is up with Souness, everybody who talks back to him has to go.
Soon we will be playing with a youthside
Old 18-07-2004, 09:11   #7

As far as I'm concerned, our youth began to shine at the end of last season. We have a good youth team, but we still need to stay injury free this season.

Also, dont forget, we started last season with a 5-1 win over wolves. Look where that got us!
Old 18-07-2004, 13:04   #8
Senior Member+

Exactly and thats what i mean.We should be bringing on the youth and keeping them.Look at Rooney.
Old 18-07-2004, 16:07   #9

hardly worth getting excited about is it beating a bunch of german minnows who would get beat by stanley by a similar score
Old 18-07-2004, 18:32   #10

Sorry - but this result means nothing. Unfortunately Rovers are gonna have another season of disappointment where the threat of relegation hangs over them come April/May 2005. A lot depends on Ferguson though and if he can stay injury-free.
Old 18-07-2004, 22:41   #11
Senior Member+

Cole joins Fulham

Fulham have completed the signing of striker Andy Cole from Barclays Premiership rivals Blackburn. The former England forward has signed a two-year deal with the Cottagers, although no other details of the deal have been released. Cole's capture was revealed by Fulham boss Chris Coleman after Sunday's friendly with Celtic.
From The Sunday Times

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2004, 06:13   #12

OK, is Coles departure a good or bad thing? We could have done with getting rid of Yorke first though.
Old 19-07-2004, 08:09   #13
Senior Member+

Souness and his bloody pride have a lot to answer for here.How many more good players will go before he does???
Old 19-07-2004, 08:45   #14

The team we played are probably conference compatibility. Good result but nothing to get excited about. The trialist i believe is someone from the dutch league.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..