Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2007, 21:05   #1
God Member

A truly sad sight - Pics

Great Harwood Town FC - July 26th 2007

Great Harwood Town FC
Old 26-07-2007, 21:48   #2
Senior Member+

Re: A truly sad sight - Pics

very sad indeed; it doesn't take long for places to turn derelict does it?
Old 26-07-2007, 23:22   #3
God Member

Its very sad to look at those pics. What is the town going to do to help remedy this problem?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2007, 06:26   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Its very sad to look at those pics. What is the town going to do to help remedy this problem?
Pull it all down and build houses on it, well thats what they wanted to do, sure I read they had got planning permission - anyone confirm this?

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2007, 07:19   #5
Super Moderator

A very sad sight...reminds me of a certain location in Accrington in the mid-60's.
Old 27-07-2007, 10:05   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Pull it all down and build houses on it, well thats what they wanted to do, sure I read they had got planning permission - anyone confirm this?
Yes that is what we are led to believe is going to happen with the site...more houses and yes they have got planning permission

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2007, 23:05   #7
Senior Member+

the sad thing about all of this is, hyndburn is crying out for decent pitches to play on, king georges and memorial park both have more "bricks" coming through the soil than blades of grass, and highams is like a giant rice pudding withh a nice thick skin on top, why couldnt the council "adopt the pitch", i realise that there will be health and saftey issues with the stands but cutting the grass and getting folk playing on grass, grass is meant to be played on, we were playing a match whilst kipax took these photos, directly behind the ground, the dips in that pitch are that bad, we kept losing site of the kids lol
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 01:20   #8
Full Member+

Very sad pics indeed. It makes me realise even more we owe a HUGE debt to the people that kept this great club of ours going throughout the dark days / hard times (with a special BIG thanks to Eric Whalley) Let's make sure that we keep the dream ALIVE !!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 05:44   #9
Senior Member+

Sad, sad, sad, spent some great times at harwood in the mid 60s. Derick Kiethley would turn over in his grave.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 17:23   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
we were playing a match whilst kipax took these photos, directly behind the ground, the dips in that pitch are that bad, we kept losing site of the kids lol
It was pretty bad up there...But not the worst conditions we have ever played in.

Its a shame to see those photos just goes to show how quickly things can become dilapidated and vandalised...
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..