Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2006, 23:03   #1

Accrington Stanley today...

Today, my football team, FC United of Manchester visited Accrington Stanley for a match against Nelson.

It was played there because Nelson's ground is too small to accommodate FC's travelling support (there were 2,011 there today).

It is the second time Stanley have hosted us this season (the other match being against Colne in November) and on both occasions we have been made more than welcome in the Oaklea, the Crown and at the stadium.

We will return to Accrington for our match against Great Harwood town at the end of the month.

Thanks for your warm welcome.
vitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2006, 23:18   #2
God Member

Re: Accrington Stanley today...

this match is being discussed in other threads but i will post here aswell. the majority of your fans were really well behaved; the odd-ejit but what team doesnt have one or two of those!
you have a really good side and your number 10, the one with about 4 haircuts looks like one to watch.
the support was great...little quiter than last time but by no means silent.
best of luck.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 23:24   #3

Cheers, Shaker.

We are very strict on our self-policing policy. If anyone behaves out of hand we want to know about it and sort it out by making sure there's no repeat in future.

Yeah, the atmosphere wasn't as good today as last time because as well as being on a Sunday, it was against a team in our own division; not a team in the division above like Colne.

I can't wait to come again though. Where else is it being discussed?
Old 15-01-2006, 23:28   #4
God Member

there's a 'Nelson vs FC United' thread in the Accrington Stanley forum and a 'The Tour Is Coming To Town' in the football forum

With teams like yours; it can only be said that non-league football is progressing in leaps and bounds; you can tell the players want to win every game as much as the fans.....as much as I enjoyed City slaughtering United on Saturday I will always watch out for FCUOM's results!!
Old 15-01-2006, 23:30   #5

I just checked the other thread. You weren't the steward who stole our beach ball were you?

And what harm were those kiddies doing sat on the wall behind the goal?

If you're going to enforce rules, do it right from the start, not with 10 minutes left.
Old 15-01-2006, 23:31   #6
God Member

woah woah i was in the cow sheds today!! had absolutely nothing to do with me; the kiddies on the top wall though was a safety issue...ASFC cant really afford to have FA fines slapped on us at the mo

im not the grumpy sort lol

Last edited by shakermaker; 15-01-2006 at 23:34.
Old 15-01-2006, 23:37   #7

Nah, I agree with you, Shaker. They shouldn't be sitting on the walls, but the problem was it wasn't enforced until late on, and by then some parents were stood further back on the terracing, and asking a five-year-old to move when he doesn't know where his dad is isn't really fair.

Still, I'm not criticising...today was a good day and we will see you in a couple of weeks.
Old 15-01-2006, 23:40   #8
God Member

Yeah I think the kids' parents really should not have let their kids climb the top wall in the first place; seems common sense to me when theres a 10 foot+ drop there but there you go.

Afterall no one was hurt and nothing really came of it so doesnt matter now.
Looking forward to the next FC United game at IES.
Old 16-01-2006, 05:56   #9

There were several annoucements over the tannoy asking people to come down off the wall, which were all ignored. Some kinda barrier should be placed on top of the wall to discourge people from going up there.

See youse in a fortnight.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..