Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2006, 03:47   #1
Senior Member+

Are Rovers tickets too expensive?

Just finished readin the article in the telegraph about the tickets and the foreign satalite showings in the pub and how the punters were sayin the tickets are too expensive at £27 minimum

whaddya reckon? are they? compared to other prem clubs?

i think for the area they are - if htey lowered them down they'd get many more fans thru the gates esp considering arsenal at highbury were cheaper
Old 26-08-2006, 11:12   #2
God Member

Re: Are Rovers tickets too expensive?

You would probably get a different answer on a Blackburn MB but on an Accy one I would say 3 quid is too expensive to watch plastic rovers
Old 26-08-2006, 11:20   #3
Senior Member+

firstly the cheapest ticket at rovers is £15 not £27 as stated above by mani...and only £2 more than a ticket for stanley so mr K i think plastic rovers as you call them are better value than watching 2nd rate football at a ****ty ground (awaits the karma )

proof

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/pa...,10303,00.html

jack walker lower outer SEATING

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!

Last edited by BLACKBURN RAVER; 26-08-2006 at 11:21. Reason: proof
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2006, 17:38   #4
God Member

It does stop us from going every week because to take the whole family is very pricey. Having said that I realise that they're quite reasonable compared to other grounds.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2006, 18:01   #5
God Member

yeh but its still £15 to sit in a half empty stadium with no atmosphere!!!
Old 27-08-2006, 14:59   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
Just finished readin the article in the telegraph about the tickets and the foreign satalite showings in the pub and how the punters were sayin the tickets are too expensive at £27 minimum

whaddya reckon? are they? compared to other prem clubs?

i think for the area they are - if htey lowered them down they'd get many more fans thru the gates esp considering arsenal at highbury were cheaper
I totally agree, it used to be a family thing going to the football, but, unfortunately lots of families are being priced out these days. I think the new Accy Stanley pricing policy is good though, a little bit expensive (single adult cost) for the division they're in, but at least they're trying to attact families back by offering childrens prices for just a couple of quid per child. As for the pub satelite feeds, the managers and landlords are only trying to boost thier sales, and given the choice, i'd rather spend my money in my local with friends watching the game, that way i can afford to see more games.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 16:09   #7
Senior Member+

hey i didnt quote the £27 it was in the papers!! i'm sure they did their research b4 hand...

as the atmosphere i totally agree - rovers atmosphere suffers really badly because of the lack attendence - the lowering of prices and increased gate wud create that adn bring ppl back

i like what aston villa do - in the locality they bring one local primary school/class per game for free and pay for the transport - these kids are easily impressed and they have a a strong future following... newcastle despite their full stadiums do the same
Old 27-08-2006, 19:08   #8
Super Moderator

So, Mani, Rovers is too expensive. In that case, perhaps you'd care to tell us why you don't go to watch your hometown football league club?
Old 27-08-2006, 20:26   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
hey i didnt quote the £27 it was in the papers!! i'm sure they did their research b4 hand...

as the atmosphere i totally agree - rovers atmosphere suffers really badly because of the lack attendence - the lowering of prices and increased gate wud create that adn bring ppl back

i like what aston villa do - in the locality they bring one local primary school/class per game for free and pay for the transport - these kids are easily impressed and they have a a strong future following... newcastle despite their full stadiums do the same
Rovers do that too.

Old 27-08-2006, 20:53   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Rovers do that too.
Don't tell me. they do it for schools in Hyndburn too (sigh).

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 27-08-2006 at 21:38.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 21:30   #11
God Member

Do they do it for schools in Hyndburn? I only know they do it at all is because Chris's mum is head of a school really close to Ewood and she gets about 50 tickets a couple of times a season.

Old 27-08-2006, 21:42   #12
Super Moderator

Just thought you might know, Gayle. I hope they don't!
Old 27-08-2006, 21:42   #13
Resting in peace

:engsmil:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
So, Mani, Rovers is too expensive. In that case, perhaps you'd care to tell us why you don't go to watch your hometown football league club?
:engsmil: Maybee he can't afford to go to overpriced sporting venues, not everyone can afford it try living on
eightynine quid a week, most footballers are grossly overpaid, having said
that what else have they got to offer?
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 21:57   #14
Super Moderator

That's the point I'm trying to make - it may be £27 at Rovers but it's only £13 at Stanley. Also if you're living on £89 a week, I assume you're a pensioner, so you could get in for £8.

Yes you're right, most footballers are grossly overpaid, including the so-called "stars" at Rovers. You don't have to be a mathematician to work out that with the sort of gates Stanley get and the prices they're charging, their players are on very modest wages, relatively speaking.

You seem to be extremely disillusioned and cynical about big-time football. So am I...that's one of the reasons why I go to watch Stanley.
Old 28-08-2006, 04:47   #15
Senior Member+

who says i dont go when i can?

simple fact is that i finish work late on friday/sat mornin and dont get to hit the sack till 7-9am - i dont tend to go to bed incase i wake my daughter up - once she does she's a nightmare to put back to sleep esp whilst its near wake up time anyway. so that leaves me to wake up at earliest 3-4 in the afternoon - a few hrs to spend at home b4 i head off to work again around 8-9ish...

and call this a lame reason - i actually wud pay to see rovers play a team of my liking eg liverpool, newcastle, villa, tottenham but u'd b surprised at how lame it looks sayin ticket for one please... none of my mates even when i offered to pay tickets for them to watch rovers vs utd in the coca cola cup *i think* they still didnt wanna despite half of them bein utd fans... i know ppl gonna say go wiht so and so and u'll make friends when ur there - but goin wiht ur mates is one of the best points and none of mine want to go rovers. at times they cant afford it and at times they're just busy with their own lives adn at times its "rovers come on... u cant be serious"

as for stanley the same applies...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..