Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2010, 06:10   #16
God Member

Re: B.f.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
They were pathetic last night, we need a new manager quick, just so long as it isn't Brian Laws

Too late anyway, looks like we are stuck with him

I always said it would be good to get one season in the Premier League, and one season it is
Old 13-01-2010, 08:15   #17
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

I always said it would be good to get one season in the Premier League, and one season it is

Yeh but look on the bright side , he knows the championship from top to bottom
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 09:20   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
looks like the same old whingin n moaning from the Rovers brigade..so if Sam is sacked do you lot have any replacements in mind apart from Hughes.. you make me laugh
Didn't think it was upto fans to pick a manager..however not many were in favour of Allardyce at any stage really! Its not whinging and moaning, its stating opinions, based on sticking my bum on a seat as a season ticket holder and wanting to watch an entertaining team playing some good football! No fan is going to be happy when things arnt going well....Burnley Fans and "Saint Owen" spring to mind! However, as much as it pains me to say it...at least the Dingles have been able to watch football played in the correct spirit, unlike the Dredge that Rovers Fans are having to put up with under Sam!

Quite Frankly providing the right bloke was appointed, to get Rovers playing entertaining football with plenty of spirit, i would rather they went down and were playing it in the Championship, and winning more games, than scrapping about, trying to kill all attempts at inventiveness and free flowing football, just for the sake of mixing it with the "Big Boys"....plenty of Burnley fans are already disillusioned at their sojourn into the premiership, and are saying they dont give a Monkeys if they are relegated! At least they can have some pride in knowing that they've tried to compete in the proper way....Rovers fans cant say that at the moment, which is rather sad!

Best Regards - Taggy

Last edited by Taggy; 13-01-2010 at 09:24.
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 09:40   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
looks like the same old whingin n moaning from the Rovers brigade..so if Sam is sacked do you lot have any replacements in mind apart from Hughes.. you make me laugh
Thats rich coming from a manc trophy hunter
Old 13-01-2010, 09:45   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Can't understand the thinking there dave, he's never managed in the Prem, as been in charge of Sheff Wed for 154 games won 52 drew 42 and lost 60, was sacked with Wednesday in the Championship relegation zone and have struggled nearly all the time he's been there, maybe his wages fit in with Kilby's thinking
Old 13-01-2010, 09:49   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Didn't think it was up to fans to pick a manager..however not many were in favour of Allardyce at any stage really! Its not whinging and moaning, its stating opinions, based on sticking my bum on a seat as a season ticket holder and wanting to watch an entertaining team playing some good football! No fan is going to be happy when things aren't going well....Burnley Fans and "Saint Owen" spring to mind! However, as much as it pains me to say it...at least the Dingles have been able to watch football played in the correct spirit, unlike the Dredge that Rovers Fans are having to put up with under Sam!

Quite Frankly providing the right bloke was appointed, to get Rovers playing entertaining football with plenty of spirit, i would rather they went down and were playing it in the Championship, and winning more games, than scrapping about, trying to kill all attempts at inventiveness and free flowing football, just for the sake of mixing it with the "Big Boys"....plenty of Burnley fans are already disillusioned at their sojourn into the premiership, and are saying they dont give a Monkeys if they are relegated! At least they can have some pride in knowing that they've tried to compete in the proper way....Rovers fans cant say that at the moment, which is rather sad!

Best Regards - Taggy
Totally agree Taggy, when they appointed Sam I was not to pleased, but gave him a chance. Mind you it says in the Mirror this morning that Sam has 2 games to save his job, could be looking for a new manager on Monday then
Old 13-01-2010, 09:52   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
We're dreaming of Wembley up here, mate...and when you do finally get shut of the rotund one...hands off Coley!

Just for you Wyn
Old 13-01-2010, 11:46   #23
God Member

Quote:
Can't understand the thinking there dave, he's never managed in the Prem, as been in charge of Sheff Wed for 154 games won 52 drew 42 and lost 60, was sacked with Wednesday in the Championship relegation zone and have struggled nearly all the time he's been there, maybe his wages fit in with Kilby's thinking

Now confirmed, with somebody called Wilcox as assistant. Did he ever play proper football ?
Old 13-01-2010, 12:45   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Now confirmed, with somebody called Wilcox as assistant. Did he ever play proper football ?
Look on the positive side Dave, they could have got a guy who has managed in the Premier=Paul Ince.
Old 13-01-2010, 15:32   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Wilcox, not Jas is it, if it is at least he'll be able to show the dingles something they'll never own, a Premier League Championship Medal
Old 13-01-2010, 15:33   #26
God Member

Quote:
Wilcox, not Jas is it, if it is at least he'll be able to show the dingles something they'll never own, a Premier League Championship Medal
I must admit when I posted I thought it was your reject, but it turns out to be Russ Wilcox
Old 14-01-2010, 09:48   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I must admit when I posted I thought it was your reject, but it turns out to be Russ Wilcox
You don't mean that world renowned football coach being coveted by the likes of Brazil, Germany and Italy:conf used:
Old 14-01-2010, 09:54   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
REJECT, a £4.5 pound reject, the first time the Dingles sell anything for that prise, Barrett's will be building houses on Turf Moor
Old 14-01-2010, 15:31   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:

bit like the whingin n moanin from the owd master himself, fergie has done his fair share lately because results aint goin ur way, take off the blinkers lad, post on utd sites if all ur gonna do is post crap about rovers, unless its constructive of course !!

typical plastic manc,... how many games, infact where is old trafford

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 19:56   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
bit like the whingin n moanin from the owd master himself, fergie has done his fair share lately because results aint goin ur way, take off the blinkers lad, post on utd sites if all ur gonna do is post crap about rovers, unless its constructive of course !!

typical plastic manc,... how many games, infact where is old trafford
I seem to recall the 1st person to post on here about getting rid of Ince was yourself BR... I reckon it's you who needs to take the blinkers off..do you expect Rovers to be in the top half of the prem?

And if yer asking how many times I've been to Old Trafford I'd say around 80 between 1978-84 a few away games and 3 times at Wembley..United did'nt win Championships in them days!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..