Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2010, 21:07   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: B.f.s.

Having just watched the 1st Leg of the semi-final n seeing Rovers played with ONE striker, when i was always under the impression, to try to take a decent lead to the AWAY leg, it just proves what i have always maintained, B.F.S. is nowt but a negative git.
Old 14-01-2010, 21:31   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Having just watched the 1st Leg of the semi-final n seeing Rovers played with ONE striker, when i was always under the impression, to try to take a decent lead to the AWAY leg, it just proves what i have always maintained, B.F.S. is nowt but a negative git.
Villa are a strong side, Rovers did create chances and could have scraped a draw..maybe concentrate on the prem.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 21:34   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Oh we're still dreaming of Wembley too.....but we'll wake up on Thursday!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Never mind, Taggy, you can come to Wembley with us!
Old 14-01-2010, 21:52   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Villa are a strong side, Rovers did create chances and could have scraped a draw..maybe concentrate on the prem.
Aint disputing that mancie, but yer never gonna take a decisive lead against a side as good as villa, playing 1 up front.
Old 14-01-2010, 22:03   #35
God Member

Quote:
Aint disputing that mancie, but yer never gonna take a decisive lead against a side as good as villa, playing 1 up front.
No not likely, at home you'd expect basic 4-4-2..seems 1 up front is fashionable with a lot of prem teams these days

Last edited by Mancie; 14-01-2010 at 22:07.
Old 14-01-2010, 22:07   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
I seem to recall the 1st person to post on here about getting rid of Ince was yourself BR... I reckon it's you who needs to take the blinkers off..do you expect Rovers to be in the top half of the prem?

And if yer asking how many times I've been to Old Trafford I'd say around 80 between 1978-84 a few away games and 3 times at Wembley..United did'nt win Championships in them days!
why take the blinkers off ? iv'e supported rovers 30 years, iv'e paid many a few quid watchin em over them years, even in times when money has been tight, i am entitled to comment on the state of the team, the players the managers or who ever else that may be concerned with the club, as i have paid my dues and their wages over them said years,we as fans are blackburn rovers and are entitled to air our grievances towards individuals, be it managers or players !!!

Under hughes we played european football, finished in the top half year in year out, under the same restrictions we are under now, i think im more educated and entitled to express my opinion about rovers slightly more than you are, so yes i think i do "EXPECT" rovers to be in the top half of the premier league along with the mojority of rovers fans, not some plastic manc like i say !!!

rant over

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 22:11   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:

though kalinic was good tonight, think its about time he got a start in the prem with a 4-4-2 formation, poss benni partnering him, he has a good eye for a pass and can hold play pretty well tbh, just needs decent service...we need a right winger, a left winger a striker and a strong central midfielder to play with dunny...reid was crap when he came on salgado is past it, n zonzi needs another season to beef up, emerton plays better at rb too !!

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
Old 14-01-2010, 22:27   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
though kalinic was good tonight, think its about time he got a start in the prem with a 4-4-2 formation, poss benni partnering him, he has a good eye for a pass and can hold play pretty well tbh, just needs decent service...we need a right winger, a left winger a striker and a strong central midfielder to play with dunny...reid was crap when he came on salgado is past it, n zonzi needs another season to beef up, emerton plays better at rb too !!
Don't dispute any of that, watched rovers oer 40 yrs, in all divisions n they to me like west ham always played good football, B.F.S. to me never has n is incapable. = much crap.
Old 14-01-2010, 22:37   #39
God Member

Quote:
why take the blinkers off ? iv'e supported rovers 30 years, iv'e paid many a few quid watchin em over them years, even in times when money has been tight, i am entitled to comment on the state of the team, the players the managers or who ever else that may be concerned with the club, as i have paid my dues and their wages over them said years,we as fans are blackburn rovers and are entitled to air our grievances towards individuals, be it managers or players !!!

Under hughes we played european football, finished in the top half year in year out, under the same restrictions we are under now, i think im more educated and entitled to express my opinion about rovers slightly more than you are, so yes i think i do "EXPECT" rovers to be in the top half of the premier league along with the mojority of rovers fans, not some plastic manc like i say !!!

rant over
Plastic Manc.. maybe .. but I don't reckon they'd be turning them away at the Ewood turnstiles judging at the empty seats tonight.
Old 14-01-2010, 23:35   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Plastic Manc.. maybe .. but I don't reckon they'd be turning them away at the Ewood turnstiles judging at the empty seats tonight.

shot down on one thing so have a pop from another angle, congrats

Old 14-01-2010, 23:36   #41
Senior Member+

come in sam, your time is up !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sam time.jpg (26.5 KB, 1 views)

Old 15-01-2010, 00:08   #42
God Member

Quote:
shot down on one thing so have a pop from another angle, congrats
You started it ..I'm not having a pop.. i'm saying it's ridiculous to call anyone plastic this or that when they pay money to watch the team they choose... if a thousand plastic Rovers fans turn up for the next game at Ewood or any other ground you ain't gonna turn em away... attractive football win or lose is what gets big gates.
Old 15-01-2010, 09:03   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
You started it ..I'm not having a pop.. i'm saying it's ridiculous to call anyone plastic this or that when they pay money to watch the team they choose... if a thousand plastic Rovers fans turn up for the next game at Ewood or any other ground you ain't gonna turn em away... attractive football win or lose is what gets big gates.
I'd agree with that...which is why i feel Sam has to go...he's the reason why some folk couldn't be bothered turning up yesterday, people cant stand the type of football Rovers are playing under him!...Ya wouldn't still keep going to the same pub time and time again if they served rotten ale would you?...same applies to footy!...Fans would put up with it, if the team were consistently grinding out results, however thats not happening now is it! Its the Worst of both worlds at Rovers for the moment! If we dont beat Fulham on Sunday, i would be very surprised if Sam survived...certainly the fans will turn on him then!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 09:46   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Thats from a bloke born in Hyndburn, living in London, suporting Man Un, seems about right
Old 15-01-2010, 10:07   #45
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Thats from a bloke born in Hyndburn
I think you may be wrong on that one, Jaysay. I seem to remember him admitting on here that he was actually born in Blackburn!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..