Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2010, 00:09   #61

Re: B.f.s.

kalanic looked like an international player that should be in the villa side !!
1st half usual dross,but 2nd half rovers were great..turning point.beat fulham (with back to the usual 21,000 there this time) and we are coming back..come on you blues
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-01-2010, 00:20   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hope yer right spignific, have me doubts wi negative sam at the helm.
Old 17-01-2010, 09:24   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hope yer right spignific, have me doubts wi negative sam at the helm.
You and me alike cashy
Old 17-01-2010, 10:23   #64
Senior Member+

Well i'm off to the funny farm that passes as Ewood Park, again shortly, wonder what joys today will bring?....Bet the stubborn git still starts with one up front...apparently he's still going easy on Kallinic...doesn't want to dent his confidence....hows this lad ever going to score the goals that will give him confidence if he doesn't play him in games???....Could end up being the most confident lad in the Championship at this rate!!

If we dont beat Fulham, do you think they'll sack Sam...or are we stuck with him regardless???

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 10:32   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Well i'm off to the funny farm that passes as Ewood Park, again shortly, wonder what joys today will bring?....Bet the stubborn git still starts with one up front...apparently he's still going easy on Kallinic...doesn't want to dent his confidence....hows this lad ever going to score the goals that will give him confidence if he doesn't play him in games???....Could end up being the most confident lad in the Championship at this rate!!

If we dont beat Fulham, do you think they'll sack Sam...or are we stuck with him regardless???

Best Regards - Taggy
Stuck with him me thinks
Old 17-01-2010, 10:37   #66
God Member

Quote:
If we dont beat Fulham,

The problem with Fulham they are one of those teams you look at and think it's 3 points. They are one of the most improved teams this season.
Old 17-01-2010, 10:50   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

Best Regards - Taggy
think they will stick wi him,least until end of season, he will have some credit fer last season i reckon.
Old 17-01-2010, 11:04   #68
Senior Member+

Well i guess your all probably right there...Fulham under Hodgson are very hard to beat...however with the run in that Rovers have, this period is absolutely crucial in getting points on the board, if we dont string some good results together in Jan and Feb, then things will look grim...and it would be too late on to Sack Sam then! If we cant beat Fulham at home now...then the last 4 home games of Chelsea, Man Utd, Everton and Arsenal dont offer up much comfort do they?

Maybe Sam will get the credits because of last season, as you say Cashy, but did he really keep Rovers up...or was it just luck that there were 3 worse teams than us...and is that all that we are relying on again this season? As ive mentioned its the mindnumbingly boring football thats the real concern, surely the board must realise that when they see such a low turn out for the semi against villa...and the reason for that was purely down to Sams style of football!

Hopefully Rovers will beat Fulham, and take a bit of pressure off, but if they dont....i just have a "gut" feeling they will sack Sam...but as usual i'll probably be wrong!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 17-01-2010, 11:24   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To be honest Taggy a Brook Bond Monkey would have improved rovers last season after ince.
Old 17-01-2010, 17:04   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To be honest Taggy a Brook Bond Monkey would have improved rovers last season after ince.
Well....!!...No i'd better not!!

Now then as i was staying earlier BFS IS A FOOTBALL GENIUS!!!!

At least he started with 2 up front today...think he knew he had to really, although both goals came from set pieces including Beni's miss hit corner, was a bit better performance but still not very creative and apart from the goals weren't many chances to speak of. Olsen was quite decent today, as was McCarthy, Nelsen and Hoilett when he came on as sub, we still need to take the game to teams more though and dominate them when we get a goal up, hopefully if they feel a bit more confident after a win, that might come...but i'm not getting carried away with this!! Bit of breathing space for the moment tho, and a nice start for Mr Coyle helps too!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 18-01-2010, 09:25   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well....!!...No i'd better not!!

Now then as i was staying earlier BFS IS A FOOTBALL GENIUS!!!!

At least he started with 2 up front today...think he knew he had to really, although both goals came from set pieces including Beni's miss hit corner, was a bit better performance but still not very creative and apart from the goals weren't many chances to speak of. Olsen was quite decent today, as was McCarthy, Nelsen and Hoilett when he came on as sub, we still need to take the game to teams more though and dominate them when we get a goal up, hopefully if they feel a bit more confident after a win, that might come...but i'm not getting carried away with this!! Bit of breathing space for the moment tho, and a nice start for Mr Coyle helps too

Best Regards - Taggy
And don't forget the nice start by Mr Laws too
Old 18-01-2010, 09:33   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
And don't forget the nice start by Mr Laws too
Ah yes Jaysay....The Bonus Ball!! Hee Hee!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 18-01-2010, 09:47   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ah yes Jaysay....The Bonus Ball!! Hee Hee!

Best Regards - Taggy
Don't know about athe Bobus Ball it wa better than getting 6 numbers
Old 18-01-2010, 11:23   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't know about athe Bobus Ball it wa better than getting 6 numbers
Whoa....lets not get too carried away mate!!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 19-01-2010, 05:51   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
shot down on one thing so have a pop from another angle, congrats
so say's the "loyal" Rovers supporter that has a Mark Hughes avatar ..it could be Kenny Dalglish ..calm down ..it's only football
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..