Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2010, 15:05   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Blackburn Burnley game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Absolutely disgraceful policing - allowing & encouraging breaking of rules!!!

You are not allowed alchohol on any part of the terraces in ANY ground only in designated areas away from pitchside!!

Smoking is certainly not allowed in any covered public place!!

Thought to concourse areas for refreshment breaks are usually packed on a good match, home ends were full & CERTAINLY was not allowed to bring alchohol nor smoke, so why away end different ??!?!?

Disgrace!! Enough evidence for investigation as being the case. Now i know why u were all vocal about a having a party - literally regardless of result!
Well they are hardly going to ferry Stanley fans in to any ground 3 hours prior to kick off, and seeing they had no choice to be in the ground or miss the match some sort of common sense prevailed, for once. Never had all this nonsense 40 years ago and there was just as many numpties in those days as there are now, me and cashy used to go for a start
Old 29-03-2010, 15:08   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
so on your theory, should "All" Home fans at any ground riot cos they aint given the same facility?
Only applies to Dingle Land cashy
Old 29-03-2010, 16:50   #63

The reason why rovers fans were allowed on the terracing with thier drinks was purely down to safety, i was in the third convoy of coaches and when we got to the ground it was packed already by the time the last convoy turned up no more fans could get through the turnstiles so the police decided to shut the bars and get fans that were already in, up onto the terraces drinks or no drinks so as to avert another hillsbrough it was really that bad.
brfc1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 17:08   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfc1974 View Post
The reason why rovers fans were allowed on the terracing with thier drinks was purely down to safety, i was in the third convoy of coaches and when we got to the ground it was packed already by the time the last convoy turned up no more fans could get through the turnstiles so the police decided to shut the bars and get fans that were already in, up onto the terraces drinks or no drinks so as to avert another hillsbrough it was really that bad.

So every Rovers fan was drinking ? why not just move the ones who weren't drinking ? The away end has been full for most games at the Turf this season. You didn't all arrive together just like any other club hasn't done. What about half time at most grounds, the concourses are packed. No dispensation is made then.

Most of the trouble inside the ground stemmed from bottle throwing. If the police commander cocked up he should be demoted to PCSO, if the instruction came from the Ground Safety Officer then he should be sacked immediatley. The latter is more in hope than expectation
Old 29-03-2010, 18:07   #65

no not every rovers fan was drinking but it was like i said in my ealier post drinks or no drinks fans were encouraged to go upstairs as for the away end being full many times i was told only sunderland filled it and were they in the ground at 10am?
Old 29-03-2010, 18:14   #66
God Member

Quote:
were they in the ground at 10am?
No, but neither were all yours.
Old 29-03-2010, 18:16   #67

also i am not condoning the actions of either set of "supporters" i do not think it was the polices fault bottles were thrown just like i dont think it is the royal mints fault for coins being thrown
Old 29-03-2010, 18:18   #68
God Member

Point of the matter is u are not allowed by law to drink and smoke in the terraces, police and safety officers broke the rules to make excuse for their badly organised mess up, simples.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 18:22   #69
God Member

Quote:
also i am not condoning the actions of either set of "supporters"

We can agree on something then
Old 29-03-2010, 18:28   #70

Your right stanleymad possibly the authorities thought that a majority of fans would have made thier way to thier seats and had thier picnics providing more room downstairs. How was a safety certificate issued in the first place when that end concourse cannot hold 2,400 people
Old 29-03-2010, 18:34   #71
God Member

Quote:
How was a safety certificate issued in the first place when that end concourse cannot hold 2,400 people
I doubt any concourse can hold the capacity of the stand it serves at any football ground. Under the Longside the concourse's are like sardine tins at half time. I'm sure the same situation applies at Ewood. I went to Norwich a couple of seasons ago and you had to take it turns to breathe in so the oxygen didn't run out
Old 29-03-2010, 18:38   #72
God Member

Lol brfc think for both set of fans the police and H & S officers let fans down, nowt worse and probably aggravated situation more by all this massive force arm of law obviously when suits.
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2010, 20:19   #73
God Member

Even the reserve game ended 4-0. I'd like to say Thursday might be better but as it's due to rain before then it will no doubt be off
Old 30-03-2010, 09:50   #74
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Lol brfc think for both set of fans the police and H & S officers let fans down, nowt worse and probably aggravated situation more by all this massive force arm of law obviously when suits.
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe, just maybe if the fans from both sides were treated like human beings instead of being herded like animals, it would make a difference. Okay there are richard heads on both sides, but most fans are law abiding people who are penalised to placate a few. The trouble is the police know who the prats are why not make sure they are nowhere near either Ewood or the Turf on these occasions, then the genuine supporters can slag one another of in peace
Old 30-03-2010, 09:51   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I doubt any concourse can hold the capacity of the stand it serves at any football ground. Under the Longside the concourse's are like sardine tins at half time. I'm sure the same situation applies at Ewood. I went to Norwich a couple of seasons ago and you had to take it turns to breathe in so the oxygen didn't run out
Would have been no good for me then dave

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..