Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 09:18   #91

Re: Blackburn Burnley game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
quote=spignific;801432]wasnt bored because police told us us to drink and smoke as much as we like..
I think the Chief Inspector who was in charge is suggesting you tell porkies [/QUOTE]

That copper is lying, blatantly. Me and three of my mates were stood outside - just as you come in the concourse - and a policeman came up to us and he said can you go to your seats please? My mate said I will after my fag and these beers. To which the copper replied that we can take them with us.

When my GF gets home I'll put a video up off my phone which shows how packed the concourses were. An accident waiting to happen. Yes, the police bent the rules. But what would people rather have? People drinking and smoking in their seats; or a serious injury, or, at worse, a fatality?

"It is better to remain silent and presumed a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2010, 11:19   #92
God Member

[quote=Northern Monkey;803188Me and three of my mates were stood outside - just as you come in the concourse - and a policeman came up to us and he said can you go to your seats please? My mate said I will after my fag and these beers. [/quote]

Makes you wonder who was in charge last week. If the Burnley fans didn't move they got batoned, the Rovers fans can do as they please.

At least they now have 2 more years before the next game in the Championship to sort it out
Old 04-04-2010, 12:46   #93

Quote:
Makes you wonder who was in charge last week. If the Burnley fans didn't move they got batoned, the Rovers fans can do as they please.

At least they now have 2 more years before the next game in the Championship to sort it out
The police had to allow us into our seats. It was the correct decision on the day. We were told we had to go our seats. If they'd made loads of people dispose of their beer; it could have got nasty. Which, of course, I wouldn't condone.

We won't be getting relegated any time soon thought. Maybe you'll have upgraded that poor excuse for a stand by next time we play. Although, they'll never allow us to share again!

ps will you make me some t-shirts that say 'We're having a party...' on the front, and 'When Burnley go down on the back'? LOL

"It is better to remain silent and presumed a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill
Old 04-04-2010, 12:50   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
ps will you make me some t-shirts that say 'We're having a party...' on the front, and 'When Burnley go down on the back'? LOL
No problem. The first order on Monday morning was for a hoodie with Dunn 1 Dingles 0 on the back. I don't have a problem taking your money, rather feed the kids than get depressed over some game of football
Old 04-04-2010, 12:59   #95

Quality! Fair point too.

I'll see if the lads are still interested about them. Is yours the shop on the bus station. Near the toilets?

Old 04-04-2010, 13:05   #96
God Member

Quote:
Quality! Fair point too.

I'll see if the lads are still interested about them. Is yours the shop on the bus station. Near the toilets?
It is that one.
Old 04-04-2010, 13:31   #97

Sorted!

How much will it cost? Per one shirt.

Old 04-04-2010, 14:41   #98
Resting in Peace

Quote:

If Burnley carry on with Laws they'll be playing the Stanley in league 1 in two years
Old 04-04-2010, 14:44   #99
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No problem. The first order on Monday morning was for a hoodie with Dunn 1 Dingles 0 on the back. I don't have a problem taking your money, rather feed the kids than get depressed over some game of football
Can I have a T Shirt with that on the front Dave please serious
Old 04-04-2010, 17:12   #100
God Member

Quote:
How much will it cost? Per one shirt.
£7.50 per shirt
Old 04-04-2010, 17:16   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If Burnley carry on with Laws they'll be playing the Stanley in league 1 in two years

Nothing for you to worry about. Lets hope Stanley have a bigger ground by then. There will still be 19 other teams in the Premier League for you to laugh at while Big Sam gets on with his purist football. It's hard to see how you have time to notice any other team, don't you watch replay after replay to see how brilliant it is

You never know he might give you reason one day to start a thread saying how good Rovers are. ( I've been back through accyweb and not found one yet )
Old 04-04-2010, 21:09   #102

This 'too packed in concourse' was an over reaction anyway.it was far worse than that at stoke!!!, as any rovers or burnley fan who went there in recent seasons will tell you.
anyway 6 love nearly happened
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:36   #103
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Nothing for you to worry about. Lets hope Stanley have a bigger ground by then. There will still be 19 other teams in the Premier League for you to laugh at while Big Sam gets on with his purist football. It's hard to see how you have time to notice any other team, don't you watch replay after replay to see how brilliant it is

You never know he might give you reason one day to start a thread saying how good Rovers are. ( I've been back through accyweb and not found one yet )
Well there's one thing for sure we won't find one about how good Burnley are, especially after Saturdays showing. Can't remember fans leaving Ewood after 7 minutes play. Rovers will be in their 10 consecutive season in the top flight next term the Dingles couldn't manage one, unless Brian(the fight starts with the next game) Laws comes up with a miracle, but seriously can anybody see Burnley getting 5 points from the last 5 games, and that's if West Ham loose all their last five, Kevin Keegan said its was the worst defending he had ever seen in the Prem, amen to that. I actually feel sorry for fans like you dave because Kilby and Flood never gave Burnley a chance, why do you think Coyle jumped ship, he was fighting a losing battle, you can't weave without weft, and you can't play in the top league of English football with league 1 and championship reserve players. And whats even more galling is they're asking you lot to pay an extra £50 for season tickets next term, you couldn't make it up
Old 05-04-2010, 10:39   #104
Resting in Peace

Quote:
£7.50 per shirt
Put me down for one please dave
Old 05-04-2010, 11:00   #105
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I actually feel sorry for fans like you dave because Kilby and Flood never gave Burnley a chance, why do you think Coyle jumped ship, he was fighting a losing battle, you can't weave without weft, and you can't play in the top league of English football with league 1 and championship reserve players.
I don't feel sorry for us. Rather have a club that is in better shape financially than one who throws everything at it. The process isn't and never was going to happen in one season. Rovers have survived in the Premier League because they were in at the start. The rich got richer and the gap grew. Kilby and Flood aren't loaded, and I don't blame them for not going **** or bust.

The only thing that winds me up is the lack of balls shown by the players, most of whom are Coyle's signings

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..