Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2010, 11:06   #106
Resting in Peace

Re: Blackburn Burnley game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I don't feel sorry for us. Rather have a club that is in better shape financially than one who throws everything at it. The process isn't and never was going to happen in one season. Rovers have survived in the Premier League because they were in at the start. The rich got richer and the gap grew. Kilby and Flood aren't loaded, and I don't blame them for not going **** or bust.

The only thing that winds me up is the lack of balls shown by the players, most of whom are Coyle's signings
Its well noted that Rovers is one of the best run clubs in the prem, they spend wisely, but still manage to bring in decent players who can play in the Prem. As for Coyles signings he could only sign players with money he had to spend which was peanuts, and you know what you get with peanuts dave
Old 05-04-2010, 11:10   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its well noted that Rovers is one of the best run clubs in the prem, they spend wisely, but still manage to bring in decent players who can play in the Prem. As for Coyles signings he could only sign player with money he had to spend which was peanuts, and you know what you get with peanuts dave

Some of Coyle's signings have hardly played for the first team, and 3 of them are out on loan. Thats not buying what you can afford, thats buying crap for the sake of spending money. He should have spent what little he had better.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:40   #108
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well at least the team he had weren't doin too badly,when he was there were they? Bolton seem to be reasonably safe also i reckon, so what does that say about Laws? to me it says they aint very happy playing fer him.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:47   #109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well at least the team he had weren't doin too badly,when he was there were they? Bolton seem to be reasonably safe also i reckon, so what does that say about Laws? to me it says they aint very happy playing fer him.
I didn't discuss Laws though, I was on about Kilby & Flood. Yes they made the wrong appointment but there is no way I'm going to criticise them for having a lack of ambition by throwing the kitchen sink at trying to stay in the Premier League. Portmouth have proved it doesn't always work.

The Coyle situation was similar to marrying the love of your life, it's only when she cheats on you that your eyes open and you see the faults.

Yes he's a better manager than Laws, but thats for Kilby & Flood to sort out. At the end of the day most of whats gone on is rumour. Nobody knows the real truth only Kilby, Flood & Coyle.
Old 05-04-2010, 14:57   #110
Senior Member+

I guess when Kevin Keegan critisizes a defence display as being the worst he's seen in the Premiership, you know how bad it was. None of his teams have been particularily noted for their defensive fortitude have they!!

Its certainly glaringly obvious that Laws just is not up to the job. He clearly cannot see what the rest of the football world can. One quote from him in the Telegraph says " Everyone was in shock, No-one was expecting that because we've been very tight with our defence in recent games, losing by just one goal"

No Burnley have not been very tight defensively!...Just look at the Rovers game...ok the score was only 1-0 but should have been more, the number of times an average side cut Burnleys defence apart was laughable. It was only a combination of pure luck, bad finishing, and a dubious offside decision which made it appear close! It shows he doesn't have a clue at this level.

The players obviously dont have much respect for him...well some of them anyway...but thats an awful refection on them really isnt it? They obviously dont give a damn about the club or supporters do they! Where is the pride, where is the fight and passion. I'm certainly no Allardyce fan, but the one thing he did do was get all the players fighting together to grind out results, it was simply grit and determination, and everyone pulling together (ie Samba at centre forward) which got Rovers out of the crap last season, and to a lesser extent this one.

Contrast that with the attitude of one Kevin McDonald, who after being substituted at half time against City, apparently got changed, left the ground and watched the second half of the match with his family in a local hostelry!!...He should never be allowed to wear the shirt again...thats an utter disgrace!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 18:37   #111
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I guess when Kevin Keegan critisizes a defence display as being the worst he's seen in the Premiership, you know how bad it was. None of his teams have been particularily noted for their defensive fortitude have they!!

Its certainly glaringly obvious that Laws just is not up to the job. He clearly cannot see what the rest of the football world can. One quote from him in the Telegraph says " Everyone was in shock, No-one was expecting that because we've been very tight with our defence in recent games, losing by just one goal"

No Burnley have not been very tight defensively!...Just look at the Rovers game...ok the score was only 1-0 but should have been more, the number of times an average side cut Burnleys defence apart was laughable. It was only a combination of pure luck, bad finishing, and a dubious offside decision which made it appear close! It shows he doesn't have a clue at this level.

The players obviously dont have much respect for him...well some of them anyway...but thats an awful refection on them really isnt it? They obviously dont give a damn about the club or supporters do they! Where is the pride, where is the fight and passion. I'm certainly no Allardyce fan, but the one thing he did do was get all the players fighting together to grind out results, it was simply grit and determination, and everyone pulling together (ie Samba at centre forward) which got Rovers out of the crap last season, and to a lesser extent this one.

Contrast that with the attitude of one Kevin McDonald, who after being substituted at half time against City, apparently got changed, left the ground and watched the second half of the match with his family in a local hostelry!!...He should never be allowed to wear the shirt again...thats an utter disgrace!

Best Regards - Taggy

Brian Laws could actually achieve a rare managment feat this season, he could have managed 2 teams in one season that were relegated. Certainly not the midas touch is it.

As for McDonald, I'm suprised he managed to get his lazy arse to walk a few hundred yards to the club. He certainly wouldn't have run it. Apparently he now joins a growing list of players who are on the list of players to fall out with Laws.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:21   #112
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I didn't discuss Laws though, I was on about Kilby & Flood. Yes they made the wrong appointment but there is no way I'm going to criticise them for having a lack of ambition by throwing the kitchen sink at trying to stay in the Premier League. Portsmouth have proved it doesn't always work.

The Coyle situation was similar to marrying the love of your life, it's only when she cheats on you that your eyes open and you see the faults.

Yes he's a better manager than Laws, but that's for Kilby & Flood to sort out. At the end of the day most of whats gone on is rumour. Nobody knows the real truth only Kilby, Flood & Coyle.
Dave nobodies saying Burnley should have thrown the kitchen sink at staying in the prem, but what happens if you are relegated, whats the point of even trying to win promotion back to the Prem, because exactly the same thing will happen again, payers with prem experience are available and you don't have to break the bank to get to them. In Rovers first season back, they were in trouble, went out a bout Andy Cole for around £6 Mil and finished well and won a trophy in the bargain

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..