Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2005, 12:22   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Blackburn - Discgrace

No matter how your team are playing you should still go and watch them. If you stop watching them because they arnt playing attacking football then your not a true fan.
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2005, 13:10   #17
Senior Member+

There was an end of season feel to this clash. At times, the lack of passion made you question if you'd inadvertently strolled into a friendly.
It's difficult to know who lost interest first, the fans or the play-ers? Not a save or an attempt on goal worthy of description.
Blackburn eased through the game, Blackburn outnumbered Liverpool in midfield, played one up front, defended with vigour and deservedly gained a draw without the slightest hint of requiring to hold on. They never looked like scoring themselves, but with their limp opponents lacking craft, guile, and in some cases, will, a goal on the break was no more unlikely than a Liverpool winner.
After Leverkusen, Benitez hoped some momentum would follow. Instead, it's been yet another bad few days for the club.
A rival manager says he's already signed Liverpool's captain and there isn't even the threat of a denial, never mind a rebuke from elsewhere.The doomsday picture of a Real Madrid approach for the only man capable of sorting this mess out is played down, but not completely ruled out.
Then a side fighting for its future can't raise its game to reduce the gap between itself and Everton in the build-up to the derby.
And just for the record, this was the night Liverpool ' s 2005 Premiership title bid officially ended. Chelsea are 30 points ahead with only 27 still available for Benitez's side. No chance of a comeback then.
The derby is a one-off which may restore morale, but May still can't come quickly enough.
The sooner those not wanted, and those who don't want to be at Anfield, put themselves and the rest of us out of our misery and make their intentions known, the sooner this club can move on and start rebuilding again.
"Painful" was how I sum it up.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 10:11   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafu01
It doesnt matter if it was on TV, Stanley V Halifax was and they brought more fans than what you brought to Liverpool last night.
You cant expect a big decrease in fans going to the game.
Rovers in the premiership - stanley in the conference = Stanley get more away following.

Like i say - ARMCHAIR FANS, thats what its down to
The figure for away fans was closer to 700 actually, and thats still terrible.

I didnt go because i couldnt afford, what with an expensive weekend in cardiff coming up. The fa cup has taken my money, and £30 to go to liverpool is too much. I`m not even going to man utd away.

And our average away attendence is bigger than stanleys average home crowd.

If i had the money i`d be at every game.

Last season i missed just 3 games. This season i have missed about 10 or 12. I simply cant afford it, the premiership ticket prices have gone up a lot this year.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 10:27   #19
Senior Member+

What is your average away crowd then, i bet its worse in the premiership
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 09:39   #20

not when the likes of charlton and fulham grace the premiership.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..