Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2005, 21:29   #1
Senior Member+

Blackburn - Discgrace

Blackburn are a disgrace to premiership football. They are playing against one of the better teams in the premiership (Liverpool), it is just over an hours drive away.
And how many fans have they brought...........

300 FANS

(according to the radio)

That is absolute pathetic.
Stanley took more than that to Halifax.

Armchair fans!!!!!
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2005, 21:39   #2
God Member

Re: Blackburn - Discgrace

I agree arm chair fans and dirty players, watch what happens when they get stuffed off Arsenal, they will skulk back to their arm chairs with no shirts on, it's always the case. Before a game they are out in force, then they get beat and no-where to be seen, if you support a team, support whether they are winning or losing that's what I say.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 21:56   #3
Senior Member+

I was surprised when only 500 went to Everton, but this is just absolute shocking, now reported that the figure was nearer 200 than 300 fans.
Where has all the fans gone from 10 years ago, glory hunters!!!

And there is no excuses for this wether it was on TV or not its still pathetic. Bolton took 3000!!
Old 16-03-2005, 22:02   #4
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafu01
They are playing against one of the better teams in the premiership (Liverpool
If we are one of the better teams then the rest must be terrible, my team Liverpool where awful once again tonight.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 22:06   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
If we are one of the better teams then the rest must be terrible, my team Liverpool where awful once again tonight.
I rest my case bagpuss, people other than B/rovers supporters can actually call their own team when they see fit, but B/rovers think they are the best at everything. Right I am not putting anything else on this thread because I will get into trouble, my feelings are very Bad at the moment about the TEAM down the road.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 22:09   #6
Senior Member+

Oh Bagpuss how right you are I have never seen a more inept display by a team in 5th then I saw tonight, no coordination, no passing moves and the stats said 2 attempts on goal, 2 more then Blackburn but still they were there for the taking ,after 5mins I thought here we go 3-0 no problems but then hoof the ball up the middle time after time. If we play like that against Everton we can kiss goodbye 4th spot.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 22:22   #7
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
If we play like that against Everton we can kiss goodbye 4th spot.
To be honest I think that has already gone.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 23:48   #8
Senior Member+

Theres always hope!!!!!!! it is Everton they are known to end the season badly.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 06:19   #9
Senior Member+

Honest i do not know what you are all moaning about.Rovers played a defensive game and came away with a point.Something that is hard to do at Anfield.There were 3 good first team players out for Rovers.Then again to take a point off a team that has gone so far in the Championship League.
Will agree i expected Rovers to lose highly but Liverpool looked like a Bull Terrier with no teeth.Rovers contained Liverpool no problem and i honestly thought that Rovers could have played like that for 270 minutes and Liverpool would not have scored.
Old 17-03-2005, 09:03   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
I agree arm chair fans and dirty players, watch what happens when they get stuffed off Arsenal, they will skulk back to their arm chairs with no shirts on, it's always the case. Before a game they are out in force, then they get beat and no-where to be seen, if you support a team, support whether they are winning or losing that's what I say.
Well said and on April 2nd when they come to Old Trafford(Mecca LOL).
Old 17-03-2005, 09:19   #11
Senior Member+

Well all i can say is lets wait and see what happens.More than likely there will be no Arsenal first team left after Saturday.I forsee a big injury list in the making
Old 17-03-2005, 09:52   #12
Senior Member+

I wonder how many fans there will be in the semi. Are you not at all shocked at how many fans go to away games for your club. DISGRACE!!
Old 17-03-2005, 10:33   #13

Due to the match being televised and the kind of unatractive football rovers are playing
it is understandable the following will drop,even the the home gate at Ewood as suffered.Only really die hard supporters are going to fork out the expense of travel and
gate money to watch this negative (we must not loose ) kind of football.
accyplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 10:37   #14
Senior Member+

Premiership survival is what counts at the moment and it may be negative football but it is effective.
Old 17-03-2005, 12:21   #15
Senior Member+

It doesnt matter if it was on TV, Stanley V Halifax was and they brought more fans than what you brought to Liverpool last night.
You cant expect a big decrease in fans going to the game.
Rovers in the premiership - stanley in the conference = Stanley get more away following.

Like i say - ARMCHAIR FANS, thats what its down to

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..