Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2005, 18:03   #1

Blackburn Rovers

It is probably a bit late for most, but just in case you haven't set of yet, tonights game is postponed.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-12-2005, 20:16   #2

Re: Blackburn Rovers

i know, gutted eh

dodgy undersoil heating

i was annoyed at the time, but then i realised i wouldnt miss lost on C4, and that we would have a fitter squad for wigwam, and the game would be moved to a warmer day
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2005, 23:37   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
It is probably a bit late for most, but just in case you haven't set of yet, tonights game is postponed.
So all 7 of you go home.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 18:52   #4

aha

it worked in our favour then
Old 09-01-2006, 23:47   #5
God Member

U'd be better supporting Accrington Stanley or Burnley - they dont call games off just because their undersoil heatings gone
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 23:51   #6
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh
U'd be better supporting Accrington Stanley or Burnley - they dont call games off just because their undersoil heatings gone
Surely people don’t want to be going up turf moor, dismal place. Much more fun down at interlink.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 00:00   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh

since when have stanley had undersoil heating ??? ....they cant even put up a frikin roof.........

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 00:05   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER
since when have stanley had undersoil heating ??? ....they cant even put up a frikin roof.........
Not every team depends on a Sugar Daddy! WHERE'S YOUR MONEY GONE !!
Old 10-01-2006, 00:07   #9
God Member

Much rather have a playable pitch than a roof for covering our fans while we watch the match that isn't being played.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 00:15   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......oh shurrup you

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
Old 10-01-2006, 00:18   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
Much rather have a playable pitch than a roof for covering our fans while we watch the match that isn't being played.
so why keep frikin goin on about a roof then ???

and there were underlying motives behind the so called undersoil heating breaking down ....try this.....we saw it as an opportunity to give the players a much needed rest dring the xmas period and it was proved right by getting maximum points and being 8th in the premier lg

Old 10-01-2006, 00:24   #12
God Member

ah you actually played a match then.

premier puffs; "ooerrr might slip & break a nail cant be doing that....call off the match"

disgusting
Old 12-01-2006, 23:09   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
but yet were still 8th in the worlds best league

Quote:
ah you actually played a match then.

premier puffs; "ooerrr might slip & break a nail cant be doing that....call off the match"

disgusting
yeh, i wish they werent like that, i wish they were like me and played on a frozen pitch and end up getting a back injury that prevents them from playing sport most of the time, and being in pain all day

stupid

i say force them onto frozen pitches
Old 12-01-2006, 23:14   #14
God Member

ok #1 - the worlds best league?? DONT THINK SO! commercial load of crap full of diving ponces.
#2 - you know as well as i that no pitch in the premiership on that weekend was 'frozen' nor will it ever be, the players are just wrapped up in bubble wrap so tightly that the game is not of importance to them anymore - premiership=no pride, no passion, NO GAMES.
Old 13-01-2006, 12:37   #15

the PL is the best in the world, according to all the worlds best players and managers

2nd- ewood park was frozen that day, ive seen pictures of it, and the ground was solid. the undersoil heating had a burst pipe

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..