Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 17:16   #16
God Member

Thumbs up Re: Blackburn Vs Burnley 1/03 - Predictions

1 - 0 to Burnley. Come on Clarets !!!
Old 01-03-2005, 21:44   #17
Senior Member+

Re: Blackburn Vs Burnley 1/03 - Predictions

Finished 2-1 i watched it on the internet. Burnley where the better side in the second half and were realy unlucky, they can be very proud of thier performence.
There first goal was raggy, took a massive deflection.
Hyde's goal was absolute superb, what a strike, surely contender for goal of the season.

The second rovers goal was lucky as well because branch was fouled in the build up, however it was a good finish for the goal.

Rovers fans thought they were goin to roll us over, well they where wrong, Burnley didnt deserve that, they were very unlucky.
The rovers fans were brickin it, they were all bitin thier nails and they kept whistling.

One last thing, the gap between the two clubs has CLOSED!! Rovers had millions of pounds of talent on show. The gap has closed beware Rovers fans you will be playing us more often soon
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 22:08   #18
God Member

HAHA All the comments off BAS'''''RD FANS '' we will stuff you''. Yeah!! well what happened then?? Burnley was the better team tonight by far. If anyone listened to it on radio BA'''''TARDS were very hard to be heard where as BURNLEY where loud and clear.

youdid us proud burnley

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 22:13   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik Dickinson
3 - 0 for Rovers.We are at home and have the advantage of extra time and penalties.Brad Friedel is one of the best goalies in the premiereship so we must have a good chance
AND THAT IS WHERE YOU WAS WRONG!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:01   #20

Jesus, what game did all you burnley fans watch?

A repeat of the last time you beat us 23 years ago?
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:05   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
. Yeah!! well what happened then?? Burnley was the better team tonight by far.

This happened last night.
Team NameBlackburn RoversBurnleyPossession60%40%Goals21Shots On Target52Shots Off Target72Blocked Shots60Corners64Fouls Conceded1317Offsides40Yellow Cards12Red Cards00

Now what have you been smoking, i wouldnt mind some?
Old 02-03-2005, 08:07   #22

Oh well it didnt come out right, it should say:
Blackburn Burnley
60% possesion 40%
5 shots on target 2
7 shots off target 2
6 blocked shots 0
6 corners 4
Old 02-03-2005, 10:26   #23

nevermind burnley the time is drawing closer for the real manchester team to come and take over blackburn once again and fill the stadium with 20 thousand city fans and have revenge for that ref and linesman who where both man u fans . I dont thnik ive ever been to a match before where theres more away fans than there is home fans like when city come to ewood
Old 02-03-2005, 10:38   #24

............AND NOT ONE OF YOU PREDICTED THE CORRECT SCORE......LOL

Leicester to beat rovers in the next round!!

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:31   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
nevermind burnley the time is drawing closer for the real manchester team to come and take over blackburn once again and fill the stadium with 20 thousand city fans and have revenge for that ref and linesman who where both man u fans . I dont thnik ive ever been to a match before where theres more away fans than there is home fans like when city come to ewood
You never fill the darwen end.

whats it feel like to have burnley bring more than your lot
Old 02-03-2005, 12:02   #26

Well, I have to admit Blackburn left it a little late and cut it pretty fine, but I have to agree with Slater_Scott, I had the 'commentary' on sportinglife.com and the stats clearly indicated that Blackburn were the better team. I think it could be many, many years before the two teams play each other on a regular basis. Having said that, over the years Burnley have been to the brink and have dragged themselves back to a very respectable position in the league; they deserve great respect for that.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:14   #27

Then they demolish the respect by getting cranky and smashing their town centre up hahaha
Old 02-03-2005, 12:17   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater_scott
Then they demolish the respect by getting cranky and smashing their town centre up hahaha
That's just some of their fans, not the team.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:26   #29

I suppose, the team put up a good fight, they are just a worser version of us really.

That valois is a good player, quite skillful.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:48   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater_scott
You never fill the darwen end.

whats it feel like to have burnley bring more than your lot
pmsl take it you wasnt there then when we battered bburn last game of the season and went back to the premiership . I was sat in the jack walker and surrounded by fellow city fans also there was city fans doing the conga right accross the riverside and a load more city fans in the blackburn end not to mention the thousands taking up all the darwen end . It was thought that there was in the region of 25000 city fans in the stadium and thousands more round blackburn the hill was covered in them as they opened the gates at the end to let them all in to celebrate us going up . As i left the stadium there was still hundreds of em running from blackburn centre . The bottom line is how many clubs can get 33000 average crowd in the old second division and the excuse man chester is a bigger place is rubbish as according to most they all support united

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..