Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2005, 18:49   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Burnley 0-0 Leicester, abondoned 19mins

Bagpuss looks like Jerzy has kept his place against Burnley so lets hope Blake has already gone.

Academy: Drop It Like Dudek

Introduction
Last season Jerzy Dudek successfully followed in the fluff-steps of Liverpool goalkeeping greats such as Sander ‘Dropped my career’ Westerveld, David ‘Couldn’t hold a cross in a church’ James.
Dudek’s skill of dropping the ball through his legs will make you an instant legend for years to come and is the easiest way to get yourself onto a selection of videos – possibly with a £250 return.

Practice
It’s important to equip yourself with a nose so big that even a bus driver couldn’t see past it. If you don’t have a nose like a 20-foot puffin, then you can make one out of a suitably sized piece of fabric – say, like the one for a tent.

Then get yourself a ridiculously large pair of gloves and cover them with the contents of a large tub of lard - for that extra slipperiness.

+

Note: if at this point a team-mate of yours approaches you in the showers with a half-used tub of Vaseline as an alternative, a quick turn into them with the right knee raised should end any future awkward soap-dropping moments.

Now you look the part, and have the equipment to actually make such a talentless error possible, you should get someone to softly head the ball back to you and let nature take its course – you’ll be playing at Anfield before you know it.

Note: To make it more realistic you could get someone to wear a big girlie blonde Abba wig and skip towards you like Diego Forlan - maybe your team-mate you met in the showers
Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2005, 21:13   #17
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I take it Bazf you got that off some Man U scum website???
What where you doing on there in the first place???

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 21:58   #18
I am Banned

well said steven
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 22:35   #19
I am Banned

lol good one bazf
Old 03-01-2005, 23:08   #20
Senior Member+

Whilst were on the point of big gates slater scott remind me when was ROVERS last game they sold out????

The singing is crap ive heard more noise in a library. get to a proper ground to watch proper football with proper supporters

No not to Deadwood to the IES
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:50   #21

newcastle. 29,000 +
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:52   #22
I am Banned

doesnt your ground hold something like 33,000
Old 04-01-2005, 11:22   #23

31,000 but it never even nears that despite being sold out, i dont know why.

highest weve had is just over 30,000 if i am correct.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:06   #24
Senior Member+

Bagpuss, belive it or not I got it off a I hate the scum site and thought it appropriate after the pompey game and over the christmas he did not instill confidence but you never know it could be like Fridel have one good season and be the next coming of christ.
Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 21:18   #25
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Bagpuss, belive it or not I got it off a I hate the scum site and thought it appropriate after the pompey game and over the christmas he did not instill confidence but you never know it could be like Fridel have one good season and be the next coming of christ.
Point taken Bazf, agreed he is not the best keeper we have had but he's better than a lot in the premiership, Roy Carroll for instance, that was a joke tonight, I've never seen a ball more over the line and not given but of course it was at Old Trafford.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 10:00   #26
I am Banned

the officials should be relegated to league 2 for that desicion, disgraceful
Old 05-01-2005, 10:43   #27

it really was, everyone could see the ball cross the line, it was a good 2-3 foot accross the line
Old 05-01-2005, 12:32   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater_scott
31,000 but it never even nears that despite being sold out, i dont know why.

highest weve had is just over 30,000 if i am correct.
This is because it the police will not have let you had the stadium full or that some people with season ticket or people with tickets do not turn up to the games
Old 05-01-2005, 13:45   #29

segregation takes up seats too
Old 05-01-2005, 17:44   #30
I am Banned

Newcastle will have brought about 7000. You only got 29,000 on because souness was returning.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..