Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2007, 23:52   #31
Member.

Re: Buying a season ticket to rovers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
*L*

i've been to stanley a few times though not since they came up from the conference...

There you go then, come and live the good life, we're going up again this year.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-06-2007, 00:55   #32
God Member

Hey I'll even let you stand with me all yes all the way through the match...at stanley

And no Doug thats not a punishment before you start..

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 01:38   #33
I am Banned

How much do they cost?
piltymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 02:05   #34
Senior Member+

around the 250/400 mark
Old 20-06-2007, 02:08   #35
I am Banned

Quote:
around the 250/400 mark
About how many games can you see for that and, are there any other advantages?
piltymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 07:33   #36
Super Moderator

Mani, you'd be better off coming up t'Stanley, because you'd see an exciting, honest, passionate style of football that gets the pulse racing. OK, the skill levels aren't the same, but we do have some players who can display quite a bit of flair (Boco, Dsane) and, as Doug says, we've a chance of making the play-offs next season.

You'd also enjoy the matchday experience much more in the down-to-earth, informal atmosphere of the Clayton End, instead of sat in a plastic stand. There's a much better "crack" on the terraces and you've got an invitation to stand with Harwood Red and AccyMel - not something I've done myself, but I believe it's quite an experience!

Mani, you're an Accy lad and there nothing quite like sharing in the triumphs, joys and disappointments of your home town team.

And finally, there's a pint waiting from Doug and a pint waiting from me, too, so get yourself up there!
Old 20-06-2007, 09:37   #37
God Member

[quote=Wynonie Harris;438052]Mani, you'd be better off coming up t'Stanley, because you'd see an exciting, honest, passionate style of football that gets the pulse racing. OK, the skill levels aren't the same, but we do have some players who can display quite a bit of flair (Boco, Dsane) and, as Doug says, we've a chance of making the play-offs next season.

Your having a laugh

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 09:49   #38
Super Moderator

No, I'm quite serious, we have some skillful players, at that level, and I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances next season.
Old 20-06-2007, 09:56   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
No, I'm quite serious, we have some skillful players, at that level, and I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances next season.
Best of luck..........I hope Stanley do get in the play off's

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 10:09   #40
Super Moderator

Got to admit, Roy, the bookies don't share my optimism, but they didn't back us to win the conference in 05/06. Anyway, I've got a good feeling about this season!
Old 20-06-2007, 15:29   #41
Senior Member+

pilty

all the premiership games and then u get like discounts i presume for other guests etc
Old 20-06-2007, 21:40   #42
Super Moderator

So have you made your decision then, Mani?
Old 21-06-2007, 18:20   #43

Quote:
man they're cheap! *L*

compared to what those chelsea folks pay and the united fans have to go thru its a very good deal

i'm wanting ideally in the jack walker stand - w05 but what are the chances i'll get it?

why is the CiS stand so cheap for? is it really that shoddy?
CIS stand is the old side of the ground so isn't fully integrated with the rest of it and isn't as modern. It means when you're leaving it takes a lot longer!

Hence why on the telly you always see people leaving early, it's the stand that the camera's point at and where it's easy to get stuck in traffic if you stay till the end. Not that I've ever left early
Old 26-06-2007, 02:02   #44
Senior Member+

aaaaaaaaah ok

hmmm

no no decision yet - just "contemplating" yet
Old 26-06-2007, 06:29   #45
God Member

I remember the last time I was at a Rovers home game was when Duncan Edwards was playing for Manchester United and being hoisted over the wall to get a good look .

funny what sticks in your mind
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..