Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2006, 20:57   #1
God Member

Can you believe what Zidane did?

His last international match, the world cup final, fifteen minutes from penalties and he head butted someone - a moment of pure madness.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2006, 21:07   #2
God Member

Re: Can you believe what Zidane did?

Well I have won 30 quid anyway so I'm not bothered hehehehe.
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 21:19   #3
God Member

I never seen anyone headbutt someone in the chest.. seems odd.... but if ya gonna do it.. then why not when a BILLION people are watching..... duh... silly zidane
Old 09-07-2006, 21:31   #4
God Member

Stress does some wierd things to the mind. Never mind that France lost ZZ will be remembered for his butt.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 22:43   #5
Give, give, give member

His moment of madness probably stopped the better team from winning.

I don't care. My best friend, whom I'm seeing in a few weeks, rang me from the streets of Milan and it sounded like the biggest celebration in the world, which after all the scandal concerning Italian football I think they deserve.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 22:53   #6

:engsmil: notice the offence was not spotted by the referee or the 2 assistants,it was brought to the referee,s attention by the 4th official, this is typical of the standard of refereeing in this world cup, graham poll gives 3 yellow cards to the same player and gets no help of the 4th official and has retired from int football and was sent home from the tournament, zz got what he deserved, and what was the manager thinking off by taking off 2 of his best penalty takers (henry and vierra) france got what they deserved
kerrie l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 22:56   #7
Give, give, give member

I think this World Cup will be remembered as the one with the maddest managerial decisions, sadly including our own unlamented Sven's.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 00:13   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

as winner of world player of the year 3 times,and pushing 35 years old its a great example to set young rooney eh. the dummy will think think thats what top stars do.lol
Old 10-07-2006, 01:01   #9
I am Banned

who gives a crap

as long as the frogs didnt win i dont care who did what lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:12   #10
God Member

I had France in the family sweepstake - thats £16 gone!

I wanted France to win mainly because of the sweepstake but also because it was zizou's last game and thought he should go out on a high because he's been a good player. After tonight though i changed my mind. That's all he's going to be famous for now is getting sent off in a world cup final.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:04   #11
Senior Member+

I thought it was dead funny, Zidane head butting someone in the chest!! I wonder what the I.T. called him to get him soo mad, whatever it was it worked. No, he won,t just be remembered for the head butt, he was a great player, but if your going out you might as well do it in style. My last comment on the W.C. I was glad to see Hargreaves get to show that he belongs in the England team, the best player by far.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:37   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid
but if your going out you might as well do it in style
You think head butting someone shows style?
I wonder what the punishment would have been for a fan head butting another fan in front of all those cameras.
Old 10-07-2006, 15:37   #13
Resident Waffler

I wonder if we'll ever find out what the other player said. Whatever it was there's no excuse for that kind of behaviour.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 16:48   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
You think head butting someone shows style?
I wonder what the punishment would have been for a fan head butting another fan in front of all those cameras.

he should be charged with assault for that because thats what it was and if it was any of the fans doing that you can gaurantee that they would have been.....

lee bowyer, was it not ? has just been charged over that offence at newcastle last season and it was nowhere near as bad as what that pillock did last night...great footballer or not you just cannot do what he did

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 16:57   #15
Senior Member+

The craziest thing is though he's been given the award for player of the tournement.Aparently the votes were counted before half time.That incident apart he probably was the best player but should the award not be taken away from him and given to whoever was runner up?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..