Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2007, 09:48   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: champions league

gotta give credit to the liverpool lads, none of them i saw interviewed just after the game bitched, they all gave milan the credit. thats SPORTSMANSHIP.
Old 24-05-2007, 09:59   #17
God Member

True, they did - even if it was through gritted teeth
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 11:06   #18

nice turn of the arm to turn the game on its head
Old 24-05-2007, 14:57   #19
Senior Member+

It was 3 minutes added time and when the ref blew the whistle at 2 minutes and 45 seconds when there was 15 seconds left and there a sub came on which he walked off so add at least 20 seconds for that! But no a crap reff again letting european football down again they could of scored in that time. Like i was saying the reff was crap and his decisions where awfull especially kaks`s dive which resulted in a goal from a freekick! O well theres always next year for you liverpool fans!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 18:59   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
It was 3 minutes added time and when the ref blew the whistle at 2 minutes and 45 seconds when there was 15 seconds left and there a sub came on which he walked off so add at least 20 seconds for that! But no a crap reff again letting european football down again they could of scored in that time. Like i was saying the reff was crap and his decisions where awfull especially kaks`s dive which resulted in a goal from a freekick! O well theres always next year for you liverpool fans!
The ref and the linesmen didnt impress me either, but at the end of the day Liverpool werent good enough whether there was 3, 4 or 5 minutes of injury time to play, they had the whole game to score. Listening to the radio last night and today many Liverpool fans were critical of benitezs tactics saying crouch should have come on earlier. Milan didnt play well last night but fair play they took their chances. If Liverpool had started with an attacking formation they probably would have won. As for Kaka's dive, speak to the sheff utd fans and neil warnock about Steven Gerrard's dives
The Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 17:06   #21
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: champions league

I’m a United fan so I’m not over enamoured with Liverpool FC and couldn’t have any enthusiasm for Milan.

But Liverpool as an English club in Europe they got my support for the final.

However they lost and it couldn’t have happened to a better team. Pity Milan couldn’t lose as well.
Old 27-05-2007, 20:38   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
gotta give credit to the liverpool lads, none of them i saw interviewed just after the game bitched, they all gave milan the credit. thats SPORTSMANSHIP.
pity they didn't show much sportsmanship towards thier fellow supporters when stealing thier seats! Pool have become a decent 'cup side' It dosent seem so long ago when they were winning league titles.....but then 17years aint that long eh lads?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 21:44   #23
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

26 years for you if I'm correct.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 18:51   #24

champion league is bigger money than prem most clubs would want to win champions league first .pitty u came second in a cup you should never been aloud back into in the first place your team were wrong to walk out on englands biggest cup shame on them !
Old 28-05-2007, 23:21   #25
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
pity they didn't show much sportsmanship towards thier fellow supporters when stealing thier seats!
Now my warning has expired, you mancie are what I dislike about mancs, you are a ******, a big mouth, typical manc scum.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 23:41   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Now my warning has expired, you mancie are what I dislike about mancs, you are a ******, a big mouth, typical manc scum.
Warning??? stick it up yer arse you plastic scouse pond life!
Old 28-05-2007, 23:47   #27
God Member

Wink Re: champions league

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
champion league is bigger money than prem most clubs would want to win champions league first .pitty u came second in a cup you should never been aloud back into in the first place your team were wrong to walk out on englands biggest cup shame on them !
You mean clubs that can't win the Prem would want to win Champions League first??....to say United should not have been allowed back into the FA cup is a bit much coming from Liverpool... should you lot be allowed in the Champs League after Heysel????.... don't recall anyone getting killed when United pulled out of the Cup!
Old 29-05-2007, 05:48   #28

fan problems are one thing.teams walking out of cup is another .we took are punishment for heysel.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..