Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 17:53   #1
Senior Member+

Chelasea Caught at Last

What strange goings on - not allowed any tansfer dealings fo 2 transfer windows. TG that Kenyon was entiv=ced away from United by the big bucks, also took the Yjen Robin deal with him and tried to screw the Mikel deal - United came out on top with both of those. What some clubs will resort to in attempt to topple the creme de la creme. Noticed that Benitez spent more than Fergie did this summer - and didn't recoup anywhere near as much.
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2009, 06:37   #2
God Member

Re: Chelasea Caught at Last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
What strange goings on - not allowed any tansfer dealings fo 2 transfer windows. TG that Kenyon was entiv=ced away from United by the big bucks, also took the Yjen Robin deal with him and tried to screw the Mikel deal - United came out on top with both of those. What some clubs will resort to in attempt to topple the creme de la creme. Noticed that Benitez spent more than Fergie did this summer - and didn't recoup anywhere near as much.
Methinks a very large can of worms has been opened ... I suspect that many clubs are in close consultation with expensive lawyers in a flurry to cover their asses.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:48   #3
Resting in Peace

Re: Chelsea Caught at Last

Quote:
What strange goings on - not allowed any tansfer dealings of 2 transfer windows. TG that Kenyon was enticed away from United by the big bucks, also took the Yjen Robin deal with him and tried to screw the Mikel deal - United came out on top with both of those. What some clubs will resort to in attempt to topple the creme de la creme. Noticed that Benitez spent more than Fergie did this summer - and didn't recoup anywhere near as much.
From what I've heard this morning United might be the next club to feel the wrath of Uefa, but in any case you can bet your last quid that Chelski have it reduced on appeal, if not scrapped altogether,
Old 04-09-2009, 12:00   #4
Senior Member+

Roma got done 2 windows some time ago, reduced to 1 on appeal. There are likely to be a number of Premier clubs caught up in this net - I think that it will have to be quietly shelved as all clubs are guilty to some degree - look at City and the Lescott saga. Is this Platini having another go at the best league in the world. He is French, egotistic and of limited physical stature, all he needs to do is tuck his arm in his jacket, wear a bicorne hat and he could be a re-incarnation of Napoleon
Old 04-09-2009, 13:11   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Funny to me how Chelsea n Arsenal have been bounced on fer different allegations, yet your creme barry have been at both of these things fer donkeys years, as usual, none so blind as he who can see.
Old 04-09-2009, 16:02   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Funny to me how Chelsea n Arsenal have been bounced on fer different allegations, yet your creme barry have been at both of these things fer donkeys years, as usual, none so blind as he who can see.
As a young scouser once said cashy, Exactly
Old 05-09-2009, 22:47   #7
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I will come back to this thread when the time is right Barrie Yates.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 22:54   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I will come back to this thread when the time is right Barrie Yates.
hang on.. this thread will not be here in 20yrs!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:15   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Wonder if ya would care to comment on "Rooneys" cheating fer England last night Barry?funny how things come back to bite yer ass. pmsl

Last edited by cashman; 06-09-2009 at 10:18.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:35   #10
Senior Member+

You should have watched Sunday Supplement this morning. Not a penalty but not a dive, the bloke had hold of his shirt, as Rooney had hold of his - so 50/50. The ref gave the penalty and as for the UK Sunday papers - they all got slagged by the pundits on SS
Old 06-09-2009, 10:52   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You should have watched Sunday Supplement this morning. Not a penalty but not a dive, the bloke had hold of his shirt, as Rooney had hold of his - so 50/50. The ref gave the penalty and as for the UK Sunday papers - they all got slagged by the pundits on SS
Well he's only a Scouser anyway
Old 06-09-2009, 11:28   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
i watched the actual match have no need of newspaper ******* to make my mind up, whilst i saw a bit of pulling by each man. i also saw the lunge kick at the end of it all.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:14   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Wonder if ya would care to comment on "Rooneys" cheating fer England last night Barry?funny how things come back to bite yer ass. pmsl
I don't reckon that was cheating.. Rooney was the offender but put his hands up to avoid a booking for a fouTVl he had done and the ref took that as an appeal for a penanty..refs get things wrong and this ref did get it wrong...TV evidence and camera angles sort everything out.. but do football fans really want to see matches sorted out by video replays?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:31   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I don't reckon that was cheating.. Rooney was the offender but put his hands up to avoid a booking for a fouTVl he had done and the ref took that as an appeal for a penalty..refs get things wrong and this ref did get it wrong...TV evidence and camera angles sort everything out.. but do football fans really want to see matches sorted out by video replays?
Well not in comparison with the perfect 10s achieved by Ronaldo
Old 08-09-2009, 13:52   #15
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Rooney did nothing wrong it was the ref who got it wrong but so what.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..