Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2005, 09:23   #16

Re: Come on United!

He probably supports blackburn because it was localish.

And it isnt dangerous to go to old trafford btw.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2005, 13:44   #17

My father used to take me to watch Blackburn Rovers as a kid when we lived in Baxenden. We moved to Southport when I was 10 and my father had a shop in Southport which was open Saturdays so that put paid to watching Rovers. However, I did have a season ticket there later in life when I could afford it. I had the season ticket up until I came to live in Florida 8 years ago. I didn't say I supported Manchester United, but I love to watch them. They play great, exciting football and I have no problem with them being so successful, good luck to them, they deserve it from the way they play. Let's face it, most of the hate directed against them is pure jealousy. They're the most famous name in football. Some people, it seems, have a hard time dealing with that, especially the ones from the other end of the East Lancs Road!!!! Throughout all Liverpools successful years, United always drew bigger crowds than they did and I'm sure that really irked the scousers, especially as United never won the championship for about 20 years. It looks like it's Liverpool's dry spell at the moment eh????

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2005, 18:30   #18
Senior Member+

I am sorry John if I offened you with my post it was said in jest and I even put a smilley in it, I know that Manure get more support but most of its from outside Manchester and I just love to windup scum supporters you just have to look at my sig at the bottom of the post.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 10:46   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
I am sorry John if I offened you with my post it was said in jest and I even put a smilley in it, I know that Manure get more support but most of its from outside Manchester and I just love to windup scum supporters you just have to look at my sig at the bottom of the post.
No offence taken at all Bazf. I just don't share the "love 'em or hate e'm" thing about Utd. I think they are a credit to the beautiful game and one of its finest exponents.

JohnW
Old 25-01-2005, 11:15   #20
Senior Member+

well said.it doesnt matter where you are from if you want to follow a certain team.its just annoying when you get some that change their mind when the certain team go through bad spell.and start saying they are afan of who ever is winning at the time.for instance look at blackburns attendences now.compair that to their attendences around the the time they won the premiership.Where are those rovers fans now.probably chelsea or arsenal fans.tend to see a few of those shirts now in and around hyndburn
Old 26-01-2005, 08:00   #21

Our average attendence was 25,000 when we won the premiership, at the moment our average is probably 22,000.

Last year it would have been about 24,000
Old 26-01-2005, 14:56   #22
Senior Member+

loks like next year it will be going down again, probably around 20,000
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 21:39   #23
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

2-1 to Chelsea, Ha Ha, pity we won't be playing you in the final but then again there is more credibility in beating Chelsea.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 12:29   #24
Senior Member+

didnt look like 10,000 never mind 20,000 Vs Cardiff.Yet we play little Exeter and its around60,000.More credible opposition against Chelsea??????What happened a week a Sunday that didnt look right credible on your behalf.Thats one hell of a credible goalkeeper you have there.I wonder if he is a Man Utd fan.He messes up every time we play Liverpool.
Old 27-01-2005, 14:39   #25
Senior Member+

Liverpool have no chance, i mean how can you get out played by a Burnley team with only 13 first team players
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 14:55   #26
God Member

A primary teacher starts a new job at a school on Merseyside and, trying to make a good impression on her first day, explains to her class that she is a Liverpool fan.
She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Liverpool fans. Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl.

The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says: "Mary, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Liverpool fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asks: "Well, if you're not a Liverpool fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I'm a Manchester United fan, and proud of it," Mary replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears. "Mary, why are you a United fan?"

"Because my mum and dad are from Manchester, and my mum is a United fan and my dad is a United fan, so I'm a United fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher, in an annoyed tone, "that's no reason for you to be a United fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time.

What if your mum was a prostitute and your dad was a drug addict and car thief, what would you be then?"

"Then," Mary smiled, "I'd be a Liverpool fan."

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 15:18   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself
A primary teacher starts a new job at a school on Merseyside and, trying to make a good impression on her first day, explains to her class that she is a Liverpool fan.
She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Liverpool fans. Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl.

The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says: "Mary, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Liverpool fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asks: "Well, if you're not a Liverpool fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I'm a Manchester United fan, and proud of it," Mary replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears. "Mary, why are you a United fan?"

"Because my mum and dad are from Manchester, and my mum is a United fan and my dad is a United fan, so I'm a United fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher, in an annoyed tone, "that's no reason for you to be a United fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time.

What if your mum was a prostitute and your dad was a drug addict and car thief, what would you be then?"

"Then," Mary smiled, "I'd be a Liverpool fan."
Just watch your Karma reduce now yerself. Mine did for a much milder dig at LFC than that.

JohnW
Old 27-01-2005, 15:47   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead
didnt look like 10,000 never mind 20,000 Vs Cardiff.Yet we play little Exeter and its around60,000.More credible opposition against Chelsea??????What happened a week a Sunday that didnt look right credible on your behalf.Thats one hell of a credible goalkeeper you have there.I wonder if he is a Man Utd fan.He messes up every time we play Liverpool.
cup attendences are not added to your average attendence over a season.

And man utd should get much higher attendences anyway, manchester is at least 10 times bigger than blackburn.

9,000 of that 60,000 was exeter fans btw.
Old 28-01-2005, 09:36   #29
Senior Member+

LOL at Yerself, like John said beware of your karma i found mine reducing to wittled it down though i know who it is. could be time for revenge, but us man utd fans shouldnt belittle ourselves getting involved in imature tactics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..