Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2008, 20:41   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Croatia v England

croatia 1 england 4 now walcott hatrick, seems capello has got em playing as they should have years ago.
Old 10-09-2008, 20:50   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Full Time 4-1, that will do nicely.
Old 10-09-2008, 21:03   #18
God Member

Great second half from England..no predictions to score four..don't wanna put a damper on it but never seen Croatia play so bad.. and the goalkeeper ...well !..

Last edited by Mancie; 10-09-2008 at 21:06.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 21:21   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

didn't think croatia played badly, think we played well, kept a "High Line" up the field n never gave em real time to settle, my view is we have the players who perform great fer club n don't fer england, just maybe capellos figured out why, certainly hope so. yeh keeper was dodgy, but calamity wasn't perfect.
Old 10-09-2008, 21:31   #20
God Member

Well really it should have been 0-5..our defence had nowt to do after the first 15 mins yet we get caught out at the back when we are 3 goals up!...I gonna sound soft but Croatia had no one playing decent.. we had 3 players who did well..Rooney,Walcott and Wes Brown..Ashley cole played OK, the rest had nowt to do.. thats how badly Croatia played in my book.
Old 10-09-2008, 21:31   #21
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
lost the bloody broadcast.
Sorry Cashy and Roy I lost it too just after the second half started, managed eventually to find another link for the last 10 mins, bet it had something to do with Setanta.

STAND UP IF YOU HATE SATANTA..............

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 21:40   #22
God Member

tut tut Bagpuss.. you been streaming ?.. watched it on Sentanta so I don't hate em.. by the way ..no POOL players for England mate?
Old 10-09-2008, 21:44   #23
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
tut tut Bagpuss.. you been streaming ?.. watched it on Sentanta so I don't hate em.. by the way ..no POOL players for England mate?
It's not illegal and by the way I love it when Liverpool players are not playing for their countries, club v country, it's club for me

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 10-09-2008, 21:59   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
It's not illegal and by the way I love it when Liverpool players are not playing for their countries, club v country, it's club for me
nowt wrong with streaming...but typical scouse attitude.. just like Jamie Carragher!
Old 10-09-2008, 22:28   #25
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
nowt wrong with streaming...but typical scouse attitude.. just like Jamie Carragher!
And fergie of course.

Old 10-09-2008, 22:37   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
And fergie of course.
Don't reckon Fergie would get a game these days..and he's Scottish..i'm on about Carragher the slag..saying he don't care about playing for England...hope he's not crying again this weekend..well I do really!
Old 10-09-2008, 23:05   #27
God Member

even if cratia played poor at least its a win

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 23:12   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
even if cratia played poor at least its a win
Great win..yep even if the home team don't play well to score 4 is good stuff from our boys.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:53   #29
Resting in Peace

Can't believe the diverance between Saturday and last night, two different teams. Last night they looked like they wanted to win, Saturday looked like they couldn't care less. Walcott was brilliant, looks like Bentley won't get a look in now with the way the youngster played, but James looked a bit edgy at times
Old 12-09-2008, 16:56   #30
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Croatia v England

ITV showed the highlights yesterday after the 10 o’clock news. Better late than never I guess.

Now I know that you cannot judge a whole match from half an hour’s worth of highlights but it seemed to me that England’s success was down to preventing Croatia playing the way that they wanted to in the beginning and that got them frustrated and wild. Getting the first goal was a bombshell for the Croats especially as they have never lost a competitive home match for years, if ever. Boots and elbows went in and the ref was too weak to do anything about it.

David James was shaky but the rest of the team performed to their potential. We need a younger ‘keeper between the sticks for the next home game to prepare for a regular place.

The only thing that marred the match for me was the ‘Micky taking’ passing in midfield towards the end of the match, not once but twice. It wasn’t clever, it wasn’t smart and it wasn’t professional. It is infantile and unbecoming and it only showed that the arrogance was still in house. There is no room for extracting the urine in professional football, or amateur for that matter. True greats do not belittle their opponents in this way.

Fans shouldn’t get carried away because this win of 3 – 1 was against a 10 man demoralised team. Yes I know the score was 4 – 1. I was referring to the score during the second half.

Well done England but it is only a start. You've got a long way to go to become a world beating team.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..