Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 08:34   #16
God Member

Re: Diouf ...Oh No!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Apparently the dirty sod was verbally abusing Jaime Mackie (QPR) yesterday as he lay on the floor with a double leg break. Its disgusting behaviour from someone who is supposed to be a role model, thankfully most people see him for what he is and do not hold him up as a role model for their kids anymore after his previous serious indescressions. More over its discusting behaviour from someone who is supposed to be a professional, you might see the likes of that happen in drunken sunday league games, but for him to do that is completely inexcusable, its just a shame he can't be banned for it.

If I were Steve Kean I'd be looking to offload him in this transfer window to anyone and anywhere!!!! Its not as if he is one of rovers better players either, there is no place in the british game for the likes of him.

Sorry rant over!!!! lol

I did put a winky after the honest Neil Warnock bit. He's no angel, and I would imagine the FA will be having a word.

Didn't show much on telly last night so no idea if Diouf was as bad as Colin suggested, wouldn't suprise me though. He must be the most disliked player in British football.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:38   #17
Senior Member+

He never lets us down, if there is some disgusting, horrible, cowardly ,nasty behaviour to be done diouf is at the front of the queue every time 10 out of 10 for consistency .
Old 09-01-2011, 09:30   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I did put a winky after the honest Neil Warnock bit. He's no angel, and I would imagine the FA will be having a word.

Didn't show much on telly last night so no idea if Diouf was as bad as Colin suggested, wouldn't suprise me though. He must be the most disliked player in British football.
Got to agree about Mr Warnock Dave, if I remember rightly he was a great mate of Stan Ternent when he was Burnley Manageras Diouf he's a p***** to say the least, but I haven't seen the incident yet myself and seeing a Rovers player was also stretcher off in the same incident, it may just be that this guy hurt himself making a bad tackle, in which case maybe a few choice words would be exchanged, but as I've said Diouf ain't my cup of tea wasn't before he came to Rovers and I ain't changed my mind since
Old 09-01-2011, 11:49   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Got to agree about Mr Warnock Dave, if I remember rightly he was a great mate of Stan Ternent when he was Burnley Manageras Diouf he's a p***** to say the least, but I haven't seen the incident yet myself and seeing a Rovers player was also stretcher off in the same incident, it may just be that this guy hurt himself making a bad tackle, in which case maybe a few choice words would be exchanged, but as I've said Diouf ain't my cup of tea wasn't before he came to Rovers and I ain't changed my mind since
Would appear I was right, just bean on Rovers message boards and although Diouf is not being defended and their is lots of sympathy for the young QPR striker, it appears he went in two footed with studs showing and came out the worst, would appear, as usual, Mr Warcock is blowing bubbles to cover up his own players misdemeanors, after all both players were carried off, maybe, just maybe Mr Diouf was voicing his opinion about the tackle
Old 09-01-2011, 12:56   #20
Senior Member+

Please notice I have made no comment about the fairness of the challenge or about Mr Warnock, just that there was no need for whatever Diouf said and there is no place for that kind of thing in football. I may well be the only impartial person here being a stanley fan without any links to blackburn, burnley or QPR for that matter, just commenting on what I feel is absolutely disgusting behaviour.

P.s The tackle was a shocker by both players, coming in at speed into that kind of chalenge is always going to have a messy ending!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 13:04   #21
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Obviously we're talking about the same lowlife Diouf who played at Liverpool 2002-2005, who's only contribution of any note I can recall him making was when he spat at a Celtic Fan during the EUFA cup quarter final in 2003.

I wasn't keen on him prior to that & certainly didn't rate him, but after the incident I was disgusted Liverpool didn't get shut sooner & that the man should've been pitched into the football wilderness & left to rot, disgusting creature that he is.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 13:07   #22
God Member

Quote:
Please notice I have made no comment about the fairness of the challenge or about Mr Warnock, just that there was no need for whatever Diouf said and there is no place for that kind of thing in football. I may well be the only impartial person here being a stanley fan without any links to blackburn, burnley or QPR for that matter, just commenting on what I feel is absolutely disgusting behaviour.

P.s The tackle was a shocker by both players, coming in at speed into that kind of chalenge is always going to have a messy ending!!
Hard to tell with the tackle, I would say Mackie was more at fault, but Diouf was nowhere in sight at that time but must have got involved afterwards. If you watch the higlhlights diouf should have been red carded later for pushing the QPR player in the face
Old 09-01-2011, 15:22   #23
God Member

Nasty piece of work Diouf is... next thing you know he'll be beating up the DJ in some nightclub..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 16:15   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Nasty piece of work Diouf is... next thing you know he'll be beating up the DJ in some nightclub..
Did he learn to do that when he was led astray at Anfield
Old 10-01-2011, 08:46   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:

And you were sat in the Walker Steel stand and heard this so called abuse then or are you take that nice Mr Warnock's word for it
Old 10-01-2011, 08:48   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Did he learn to do that when he was led astray at Anfield
Modeled himself on Brian Robson
Old 10-01-2011, 17:01   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Modeled himself on Brian Robson
I seem to remember that Gerrard & Djiouf (or however you spell it), played in the same team - neither have played in the same team as Robson - they weren't good enough
Old 10-01-2011, 17:38   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I seem to remember that Gerrard & Diouf (or however you spell it), played in the same team - neither have played in the same team as Robson - they weren't good enough
Fergie would have Gerrard in a minute but he has principles, unlike the fat lad
Old 10-01-2011, 22:07   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
And you were sat in the Walker Steel stand and heard this so called abuse then or are you take that nice Mr Warnock's word for it
Woah chill your heels there Jaysay!! Yes initially I became aware of the incident due Warnocks comments, sadly due to my not being a rovers fan I had no interest in the game and was indeed situated in my rightful position in the main stand at Stanley, what with my being a stanley fan and all!!!

However some of my friends are rovers goers and they were sat near the incident and heard every word from dioufs feral mouth and were completely disgusted, they are ardent rovers fans and dont want players like him at rovers due to his attitude and tendancy to run his mouth at any given opportunity no matter how inappropriate!!

Professional sport does not need characters like him detracting from the good qualities of the game and in some cases teaching youngsters to verbally abuse people at will just because they saw a footballer doing it on telly.

And before you ask yes it does happen at stanley but at least at our place the players can here us telling them off and have the courtesy in most cases to appologise!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:39   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Woah chill your heels there Jaysay!! Yes initially I became aware of the incident due Warnock's comments, sadly due to my not being a rovers fan I had no interest in the game and was indeed situated in my rightful position in the main stand at Stanley, what with my being a stanley fan and all!!!

However some of my friends are rovers goers and they were sat near the incident and heard every word from dioufs feral mouth and were completely disgusted, they are ardent rovers fans and dont want players like him at rovers due to his attitude and tendancy to run his mouth at any given opportunity no matter how inappropriate!!

Professional sport does not need characters like him detracting from the good qualities of the game and in some cases teaching youngsters to verbally abuse people at will just because they saw a footballer doing it on telly.

And before you ask yes it does happen at stanley but at least at our place the players can here us telling them off and have the courtesy in most cases to appologise!!!
Footballer apologising goes their union know about it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..