Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2006, 23:21   #1
Senior Member+

England 2-2 Sweden

Bit of a poor game. Svens contribution once again seemed bemusing. Back 4 were ok but the midfield was average and Rooney a touch sluggish.

Lampard is Englands problem. Hopelessly out of touch. If he was dropped Lennon could play and maybe we could get more out of Beckham in the centre than the sterile performances he is giving out wide. We need Lennons pace. Back 4 OK but Carragher out of position and lacks quality in possession.

V. Ecuador

-------------------------Robinson-------------------

Neville(?)--------Terry--------Ferdinand---------Cole

Lennon--------Beckham--------Gerrard--------Cole

----------------Rooney--------Crouch----------------
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2006, 00:38   #2
Senior Member+

Re: England 2-2 Sweden

Quote:
Svens contribution once again seemed bemusing. Back 4 were ok but the midfield was average and Rooney a touch sluggish.
Sven contribution is a lot better then most managers would be in his position. Set him up to lose a multi million pound job, critise his every move, as a single guy watch his every step and report back all the bad bits.
I would have picked a 1-1-8 formation and put Walcot in goal then turned around and said up yours news of the world readers.

Campbell is over the hill as is Beckham, Hargreaves would be lucky to get a game in the championship but as a not needed to win game why not play them.
As a unit I thought they are improving with every game, Gerrard looks good, Cole is now starting to move with the ball but Fat Frank is the new Ray Wilkins, every thing sideways or backwards looked absolutly lost today.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 06:22   #3
God Member

Re: England 2-2 Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones
Back 4 were ok but the midfield was average and Rooney a touch sluggish.
Back 4 were OK???? did you watch the same game I did? we were disgraceful at defending corners and free kicks and the second sweden goal was like schoolboys defending. It went over Terry, Campbell let it bounce and then tried kicking it at about 7 foot off the ground, and whilst Ashley Cole had a reasonable game overall, he got sucked right into the goal so had no time to react. The way they scored their first was poor defending and then alm,ost straight away they did it again! Luckily a combination of ref missing teh handball and Robinson instinctively lashing at the ball we would have been behind.

What I was disgusted at was when Owen went down(Hope hes alright but I don't think we will see him again this WC) and they brought on Crouch. What the heck is Walcott doing there? We didn't need to win the game, that was as good an opportunity to give the lad some real experience at no risk.

Rooney was tired, he hasn't played 90 mins of competitive footy for quite some time plus if he had picked up a knock we would all berate Sven for leaving him on. I did find it funny watching him chucking his rattle into orbit though. I'm glad he has such drive and ambition but he really does need to go on some anger management course or something

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..