Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2006, 04:39   #1
Senior Member+

England Vs Andorra

whaddya make of the game?

i thought hargreaves played well yet again. the hargreaves/lampard thing is workin real well. lampy had a poor game though didnt help his whole play area was flooded with andorreans

gerrard fantastic again, and lennon isnt gonna let it go lying down!

downing was so and so... a bit lost i thought. but i'm sure joe cole will make that his spot once he's back.

its a shame the opposition was so poor and wes brown couldnt really do much

about time defoe had a good game for england - hustled well cant knock it

but the play acting that went on OMG how bad was that?! i can see why fifa/uefa want to stop all this fair play stuff so players dont dive about...

is it just me or did paul robinson only get two touches thru the whole game?
Old 03-09-2006, 08:36   #2
God Member

Re: England Vs Andorra

Ok this is just my opinion.. Lampard does and never has done, anything in any game but score goals.. in every other department like passing/control/tackles he is none exixstant for Chelsea or England, has no creative ability whatsoever. I can't be the only one that sometimes during games forget he is even playing!
Defoe has allways been a player that can score gaoals from nowt.. I myself think Crouch is dodgy but can't argue with his goal scoring record for England.. he has turned himself into our main striker
I should imagine that Mani and all England supporters take the diving/acting by the jonny foreigner appauling.. but owens dive in 98 against the argies and the recent steve gerard dive against sheff utd do not give us any right to slag them off.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:47   #3
Senior Member+

Yes the lads did the job Cant take that away from them,but it wasn't a real test.They could probably learnt more playing against a local pub team. Because in reality thats all Andorra are.They are all only part timers,and coming from one if not the smallest contries in Europe dont have a big catchment.But like I said they did a proffesional job and I await the next match for England in the group when we can actually talk about the difference's Ste McLaren has made.
Old 03-09-2006, 14:59   #4
God Member

Have to agree with mthead, the game was so boring and predictable I turned over to watch 'Deal or no Deal' - much more excitement there. Not knocking the lads, they can only play the opposition they are given but I was bored after 20 minutes.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 22:12   #5
Senior Member+

its a shame aswell that the other teams in teh group arent waht they used to be

croatia shud b an interesting as shud russia - those will the real tests for mclaren
Old 03-09-2006, 22:17   #6
Senior Member+

True Mani but I dont rate the Russians anymore Now Croatia are a decent team and probably finish runners up to England:engsmil:

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..