Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2004, 05:20   #1
Junior Member+

euro 2004

it has been a great spectacle so far with teams such as france england, spain and italy all losing and giving some of the underdogs a chance to win

before euro started i predicted italy to win it againt germany in the final 2-0 but as soon as i found that italy got knocked out i have jumped on the greece bandwagon and i was so happy when they beat france 1-0 .

hard to tell at this stage who will make the final and then who will win it because the remaining 4 teams that are left all have some reaosn to win it

Greece: No one expected them to advance past the group stage and now noone can take them lightly and have shown some good form

Portugal: Home team so they have all the pressure on them to win EURO 04

Holland: Were one of the early favourites to win EURO 04 started slowly i tohught but have gathered momentum at just the right time and at this stage you would expect them to make the final

Czech Republic: havent lost a game in the tournament yet therefore based on form they should be able to make the final but football (soccer) is a funny game and anything is possible and the way this tournament has panned out we can still expect a few surprises

so now i will throw the question open to all

out of the remaining teams in EURO 2004 which 2 teams will make the final and also a score rpediction for the final

i will say Portugal will play Greece in the final and greece will win

im saying this because i believe Portugla being the host nation that they should be able to get over Holland altohugh i do expect a tight game and Portugal winning in extra time and maybe through a penalty shout out

and Greece because i have been going for them since italy got knocked so i hope they make it and with teams that have been expected to lose winning so far i believe they can beat Czech Rep in a close encounted maybe another 1-0 win

and as for prediction in the final

greece to win against all odds and after being a goal down will win 2-1
perth glory fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2004, 06:53   #2

Re: euro 2004

Nice to see someone who can appreciate the other teams now that England are out of it. Some people take football far too seriously. A friend from Wolverhampton was "gutted" and banned all talk of football when we lost. I tried to lighten the mood with a well intentioned joke about the moles in Portugal and you'd have thought I was trying to start WWIII
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2004, 20:08   #3

Us rovers fans are used to the sort of performance that England showed. Play great but lose unfairly. I hope holland do it.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 22:36   #4
Senior Member+

Nice picture of david.................

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:59   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS
Us rovers fans are used to the sort of performance that England showed. Play great but lose unfairly. I hope holland do it.

its alls those scheming refs, do you remember that penalty appeal that emerton got against southampton?

Now that was just laughable.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..