Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2008, 18:42   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Euro 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Probably depends in which part of Darkest Lancashire you live TM, my ITV picture in Ossy is okay, yet Channel five is awful and I can get it on freeview either, if I want to watch Five I have to use Sky
I haven't used terrestrial for a long time, so I can't comment on it. I always watch through digital satellite, so locality isn't really important. If I compare the ITV quality to tonight's BBC offering, then it's like night and day. It's all to do with the quality of the ITV transmission.
Old 23-06-2008, 02:58   #32
Senior Member+

A rubbish game but glad Spain went through, at least it will make a better semi.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 09:42   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I haven't used terrestrial for a long time, so I can't comment on it. I always watch through digital satellite, so locality isn't really important. If I compare the ITV quality to tonight's BBC offering, then it's like night and day. It's all to do with the quality of the ITV transmission.
Oh sorry TM I thought you were on about the picture not the presentation, must say I agree with you on that score, I'd rather have BBC or Sky Sports anyday
Old 29-06-2008, 09:34   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Oh sorry TM I thought you were on about the picture not the presentation, must say I agree with you on that score, I'd rather have BBC or Sky Sports anyday
I was talking about the picture quality. ITV have actually admitted that their transmission quality is poor via satellite compared to BBC and other stations, mainly due to the amount of channels they have coming through a limited amount of space. With 4 ITV channels (plus regional variations), plus all those pointless +1 channels now too, the bitrate of their transmission is reduced. Thankfully the BBC have the final tonight, so I won't have to watch any ITV again until the World Cup in 2 years time.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..