Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2012, 22:38   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Euro 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
There was a missed offside before the ball over the line incident, so it evened out.
Yeh but did the blind lines man stood 3 metres flush with the goal see that offside and thus ignore the Ukraine goal?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2012, 22:42   #137
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well aware, thats easy to miss when its hairline, Theres now Line Officials fer the goal. so no to me,luck on our side fer once.
It was in and the line official was right on the line but did nowt..like you say it went our way for once and can't see the point in having these extra judges if they don't or won't make decisions.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 22:44   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Yeh but did the blind lines man stood 3 metres flush with the goal see that offside and thus ignore the Ukraine goal?
As long as he's blind in our favour, that's all I'm bothered about! Now if it was the other way around, he's a blind b******!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 22:51   #139
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
It was in and the line official was right on the line but did nowt..like you say it went our way for once and can't see the point in having these extra judges if they don't or won't make decisions.
Its another good point fer Goal-line technology.
Old 19-06-2012, 22:51   #140
God Member

Quote:
We had some luck,fer once, Ukraine's was defo oer the line, We were due that un,in my eyes, But if it had been allowed,we still would be playing Italy, Fer me our only chance against em,is if we score first, if the Eyeties do forget it. Roll on Sunday.
I agree ... really over the line ... but I don't think that should take away from the fact that Terry made a great play.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 23:00   #141
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I agree ... really over the line ... but I don't think that should take away from the fact that Terry made a great play.
Totally agree mate, Thought him n Gerrard were immense in a crap game Ukraine really went fer it.
Old 20-06-2012, 00:11   #142
Senior Member+

That's the best I've ever seen Gerrard play in an England shirt, he was great and fair do's Terry had a great game too. The big let down today was Parker, he was totally lost, Milner ran his socks off but just is,'t good enough and I thought Welbeck should have been sub'd.
That was one great save from Hart, pushing that swerving ball out. Bring on the woperoos.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 08:49   #143
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well aware, thats easy to miss when its hairline, Theres now Line Officials fer the goal. so no to me,luck on our side fer once.
Well it proved to me that those extra Linesmen on the goal line are a complete waste of time, if he couldn't see that that ball was over the line not even SpecSavers would be any good for him he was only 5 or 6 feet away and still didn't see it
Old 20-06-2012, 08:53   #144
Resting in Peace

The last time I saw England play like this in a finals was 66 they were crap in the group stage and just scraped through, any chance of the Germans and a Russian Linesman for the final
Old 20-06-2012, 09:12   #145
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well it proved to me that those extra Linesmen on the goal line are a complete waste of time, if he couldn't see that that ball was over the line not even SpecSavers would be any good for him he was only 5 or 6 feet away and still didn't see it
Not to forget the offside that the officials missed. If this had been called, there would be no argument about this "goal".
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 09:29   #146
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Not to forget the offside that the officials missed. If this had been called, there would be no argument about this "goal".
Ya but he'd missed that too which doubly says the officials were a load of plonkers
Old 20-06-2012, 09:39   #147
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Yeh but as i said before, n hairline offside is much easier to miss, than someone 5ft away on the goaline.
Old 20-06-2012, 10:05   #148
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yeh but as i said before, n hairline offside is much easier to miss, than someone 5ft away on the goaline.
Ya can't believe it can ya in the slowmo replays the linesman could be seen in the shot, we could see the ball was over the line but he's nearly sat on the post and misses it
Old 20-06-2012, 11:51   #149
Senior Member+

Is the way they give points and thus judge a teams worthiness and ability fair? Not sure. There should be some points for goals that would make it fairer.

Anyway who's going to put their money where their mouth is and say England to get to the finals!?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 15:21   #150
Senior Member+

No chance of the Germans in the final, if we beat the Italians we play the winner of Germany/Greece in the semi. The final won't be any easier either Spain,Italy,Portugal, no easy meat there. If we win it we will deserve it, I won't bet on us with more than a pint.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..