Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 18:54   #46
God Member

Re: Euro 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Was 28 Degrees, thought he woulda put "Fresh Legs" on a bit sooner to be honest.
The heat has to be a factor but I don't think the game was played at a fast pace.. if we get tired so early in the first match I can't see us coping to well when (if) it comes to any hell-for-leather knock out games.

Last edited by Mancie; 12-06-2012 at 18:56.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-06-2012, 19:46   #47

I've backed Spain, Germany, Holland, France and Portugal to win the tournament, i'll make a profit just as long as one of 'em wins it...
Old 12-06-2012, 20:47   #48
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Poland impressed me tonight, never giving in & the pace at the start was unbelievable, as to their passing moves & positional play, England should take note, that was some good footy tonight.
Old 12-06-2012, 21:02   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Poland impressed me tonight, never giving in & the pace at the start was unbelievable, as to their passing moves & positional play, England should take note, that was some good footy tonight.
Was a good fast paced game....some of the TV pundits are saying we are a better side than Russia ,Poland and such but if England end up in a scrap with these teams I don't fancy our chances.. they don't get tired when it gets tough.
Old 12-06-2012, 21:20   #50
Full Member+

For me, the performance against the French was a reasonable "rearguard" action...that said I think we dropped a bit too deep for my liking. Nasri's goal typified how dropping too deep can create problems.

I was reading the match stats and whilst not realizing whilst watching the game....they show England's three attempts on goal in 90 minutes highlights the lack of creativity when you sit back and defend.

I think we need to "press" the ball a bit more and move the ball around a bit quicker when we do have it....we've got pace so why not use it???

As has been said, I think we'll hold the ball up better when Rooney comes back into the side. I think we'll have to beat the Swedes on Friday, so similiar quality crosses to the one that Lescott scored with will be the order of the day as the Swedes look a bit clueless when it comes to marking at set pieces.

I wouldn't want to go into the Ukraine game knowing we need to win to progress.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 12-06-2012 at 21:26. Reason: typo!!
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 21:21   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be honest,if we get outa this group, which to me is 50-50, I don't fancy our chances Full Stop.
Old 12-06-2012, 21:47   #52
God Member

The post match interview with Gerrard after the France game was interesting when he said England would like to get 4 points from the next 2 games.. I reckon that's about right but it smacks of the Ron Greenwood attitude at the World Cup in Spain 1982 when we didn't get those 4 points
Old 12-06-2012, 22:38   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
The post match interview with Gerrard after the France game was interesting when he said England would like to get 4 points from the next 2 games.. I reckon that's about right but it smacks of the Ron Greenwood attitude at the World Cup in Spain 1982 when we didn't get those 4 points
I missed that, But the captain is saying in other words they don't expect to win em both, Which to my mind is n unacceptable statement from him.
Old 13-06-2012, 03:19   #54
Senior Member+

I think England will get through to the next round but will have to do it with a rear guard action, their strength lies in a packed defense and hope to score on the break or set piece. To get any further they have to replace Milner and hope Rooney has his shooting boots on.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2012, 18:22   #55
Resting in Peace

Just watched the Denmark v Portugal match, probably the best game I've seen so far, apart from twinkle toes missing when he was clean through on goal, the winner was a cracker, think I'll watch the Germans and Dutch, that could be a good game too, if Holland get beat they're on their way home
Old 13-06-2012, 20:50   #56
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Again, Holland disappointing except for V.P. eventually packing one in. So it seems my tip for Euro 2012 wasn't so hot after all. Now I know why I don't bet.
Old 13-06-2012, 22:12   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The Krauts deserved the win, as usual there improving as tournament gets going, So fair play to em.
Old 14-06-2012, 09:13   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The Krauts deserved the win, as usual there improving as tournament gets going, So fair play to em.
Ya cashy they looked very well marshalled and very organised especially up front, they're looking quite dangerous
Old 14-06-2012, 14:48   #59

I think the Irish will be Paddy Whacked by Spain tonight. On watching last nights match between Holland v Germany I think Germany must be favourites to win it.

England were average and the ref didn't help much either, it was probably a good thing Rooney was suspended because I think his temper would have got him sent off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 16:50   #60

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Allegedly some Dutch fans clamping the German Team coach, can't see the bus being this unsecure...the Daily Mirror are reporting it as fact (then again thats pretty meaningless). Still classic though just for the driver's body language at the end of the clip

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..