Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 14:26   #1
Senior Member+

Football club with morals?!

Could it be?! Hats off to Barcelona i say!

European champion FC Barcelona will reportedly sport the Unicef logotype on its shirts after it signs a collaborative agreement with the children's charity next week.

The front of Barcelona's dark red and blue striped jersey has never carried advertising in competitive games but the club will reportedly make its first break with tradition on September 12, when it hosts Levski Sofia in the Champions League.

Barcelona has advertised Catalan station TV3 on the left arm of its shirt since 2005. Under the agreement, which will bear the slogan "Barcelona, more than a club, a new global hope for vulnerable children," the Catalan team will contribute to the financing of Unicef humanitarian projects.

Barcelona, the only major European team not to wear an advertisement, has in the past negotiated with Chinese authorities to advertise the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games and Austrian online betting company BetandWin. Neither deal was finalised.

Club president Joan Laporta then announced that the team had ruled out any type of commercial shirt sponsorship and would instead seek to promote a humanitarian message.
Old 07-09-2006, 18:17   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Football club with morals?!

Barcelona aren't the only team with no sponsors.As FC United refuse to have sponsors on thier shirts,this decision being made by the supporters,on a one member one vote basis as with all major decisions to do with our club
Old 07-09-2006, 19:04   #3
Senior Member+

but fc united are hardly accrington stanley let alone fc barcelona
Old 07-09-2006, 19:52   #4
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead
Barcelona aren't the only team with no sponsors.As FC United refuse to have sponsors on thier shirts,this decision being made by the supporters,on a one member one vote basis as with all major decisions to do with our club
Yes they are a club, but do theyreally play football. I couldn't tell really

NB: This isn't a jibe its just light-hearted humour
shady_bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 19:53   #5
Junior Member+

Red face Re: Football club with morals?!

*Sorry* - Double posted

Last edited by shady_bean; 07-09-2006 at 20:12. Reason: Double Post
Old 07-09-2006, 20:15   #6
Senior Member+

PMSL You may mock but just wait a few years,were on a roll up the leagues
Old 07-09-2006, 20:20   #7
Senior Member+

so as a fc united fan

do u not follow manure at all?
Old 07-09-2006, 20:21   #8
Senior Member+

Sorry double post

Last edited by mthead; 07-09-2006 at 20:24.
mthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 20:26   #9
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
so as a fc united fan

and your not possibly a liverpool fan are you?
Old 07-09-2006, 20:30   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
so as a fc united fan

Its hard to explain,yes my heart was there during part of last season but now its with FC United 100%.So I guess the answer to your question is no.Even if Glazer went,I am now at FC and here I shall remain.
Old 07-09-2006, 20:32   #11
Senior Member+

so as a fc united fan

Old 07-09-2006, 20:35   #12
Senior Member+

na not liverpool - i just appriciate the premiership - maybe slight allegience to aston villa or rovers as i lived near both stadiums
Old 27-09-2006, 11:15   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead
What are you attendances for home games on average?
and whats the average attendance in NWCL? 100? 300?

So just think all the money your making from what 4000 people coming to watch, you hardly need the cash that shirt sponsers would bring in do you?

When you Getting your own stadium?
Old 27-09-2006, 12:27   #14
Senior Member+

They are going to climb up the leagues, get a stadium, then sell out to a rich American, sounds like another club from the norrth west.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2006, 20:27   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
What are you attendances for home games on average?
and whats the average attendance in NWCL? 100? 300?

So just think all the money your making from what 4000 people coming to watch, you hardly need the cash that shirt sponsers would bring in do you?

When you Getting your own stadium?
They have sponsorship deals in various different ways, just not on the shirts.If you have sponsorship on shirts,what happens if it only lasts for one season?alot of your fans need to buy a new shirt to keep up with the latest strip.At FC our shirts both home and away,are the same as last season.As for the stadium,there was rumours about us buying Gigg Lane,but I think it was just rumours but could make sense for both parties.As yet both FC United and obviously Bury are happy with the set up,Bury more so with the extra revenue.Me myself I hope we do find our own stadium in the near future,so the ground is actually ours instead of being tennants.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..