Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2005, 11:57   #1
God Member

Football fans are idiots

An excellent read

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comme...551650,00.html
Old 19-08-2005, 12:04   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Football fans are idiots

Hmmmmmmmm think that might start a good thread kipax lol
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 12:42   #3
Super Moderator

A very perceptive article - one phrase in particular stands out "IF YOU'RE SICK OF THE PREMIERSHIP, TRY WATCHING YOUR LOCAL CLUB AGAIN." Those words should be framed and hung behind the bar of every pub and WMC in Accrington and district!
Old 19-08-2005, 12:42   #4
Senior Member+

So basically all football fans are dumb sheep who only follow the top 4 teams, the players/agents are intelligent and manipulating you the dumb supporter to keep coming and following your team, while the media are the good guys who are telling you the truth but who get slagged off if they let the whole story out of the bag because you the supporter, who has been brain washed, are not bright enough to see how they know the truth.
Seems like someone wasn't given a free entry to a match and is bitter and twisted.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 13:06   #5
God Member

sorry gotta say that was a damn well thought out and well written piece of journalism. Yes all may not agree with the entire content but we can all certainly agree to many parts of it. Has it made me want to turn my back on watching my team... no, but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate the points that were being made

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 13:30   #6
Super Moderator

Surely, the article was aimed at fans of premiership clubs. Supporting your local club is one of the alternatives the author suggests which, of course, you already do most loyally, HR!
Old 19-08-2005, 13:36   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
Surely, the article was aimed at fans of premiership clubs. Supporting your local club is one of the alternatives the author suggests which, of course, you already do most loyally, HR!
thank you kind sir. Yes I do believe it was aimed at not only premiership clubs but mostly as they put it the "top 4". It beggars belief when you read what the europeans charge at the gate and yet they can still afford to pay the top whack wages that we also are blighted with here. Maybe someone will enlighten me to how that is. Is it because their grounds can seat more fans or do they have more backing from other funders??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 16:45   #8
Senior Member+

http://www.mainevent.es/TB06/Pages/f....aspx?idFE=553
They wouldn't stand for it on the continent. A cheap ticket for Borussia Dortmund costs under £10, Roma just £15, and a Real Madrid season ticket is a bargain £200. Fans stand up for themselves more in mainland Europe; in England they just roll over.
Where did he get his prices from?

SKY tv Closing.wmv 15-Jun-2005 08:40 11.0M
streaker goal.wmv 16-Jun-2005 06:50 1.2M (over 18 only)

But this is what its really all about the passion and the unexpected.

Last edited by Bazf; 19-08-2005 at 20:06.
Old 19-08-2005, 21:37   #9
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I enjoy my trips to Anfield and I enjoy my trips to Stanley I am not brainwashed I just enjoy footy even if its a local game on a playing field or park.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 00:45   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
I enjoy my trips to Anfield and I enjoy my trips to Stanley I am not brainwashed I just enjoy footy even if its a local game on a playing field or park.
Well said Bagpuss if someones kicking a ball I will stop and watch. I would give you Karma but I have to spread it around.

Old 24-08-2005, 14:17   #11

it proves then, that blackburn arent badly supported, we just have clever fans
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..