Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2005, 13:59   #1
Senior Member+

Glazer

He knows where to go to see United supporters.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2005, 14:18   #2
Foreign Correspondent

Re: Glazer

As turnabout is fair play, do you think Richard Branson could be prevailed upon to buy the Dallas Cowboys?

When in darkness or in doubt, visit Oswaldtwistle!
Billcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2005, 14:31   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cool Re: Glazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billcat
As turnabout is fair play, do you think Richard Branson could be prevailed upon to buy the Dallas Cowboys?
i'm all in favour of that,but it could well be to your detrement lol
Old 13-05-2005, 15:07   #4
Foreign Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
i'm all in favour of that,but it could well be to your detrement lol
If it annoys the folks from Texas, that's O.K. by me!

When in darkness or in doubt, visit Oswaldtwistle!
Billcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2005, 18:19   #5
Senior Member+

Can I just point out the raging hypocrisy amongst the Man Utd fans.

They argue about the soul of the club disappearing and the club being run for profit. This is a club that has signed players purely for their value in the Asian merchandise market (Dong anyone? loaned out to Royal Antwerp) They boycotted the FA cup to play in a 2 bit competition in South America. The heart and soul of the club has been fading for many years. The only reason they can buy 30 million pound player is that the money came from being floated on the stock market and the danger of this is that they could be taken over at any time.
Let's face it the club are in decline. 3rd in the league 3 times in 4 years is not good enough for a club with reputation Man Utd have (it would have been 4 times if the Arse hadn't bottled it). next season could be worse with Liverpool looking strong and Arsenal and Chelsea continuing to dominate.
The heart of the club that was great (Cantona, Schmeichel, Beckham, Butt, Giggs, scholes and Keane) are all gone or nearing retirement and they have not been replaced. Rooney has bags of potential but Ronaldo lacks the killer ball Beckham had and the rest would struggle to get into many Premiership teams. The goalkeeping situation is beyond a joke and Ferdinand doesnt even look like the best defender in Manchester never mind the world (Richard Dunne by the way).
Finally the fans fear a rise in ticket prices. Well it currently stands at £17-£23 for members per match ticket, £19-£25 for non-members and £304-£418 per season ticket. This to watch a bunch of pretenders playing off the reputation of 1999?I think they have already been ripped off, while wearing this seasons £50 shirt thinking about the journey back to London.
To summarise Man Utds decline may be more rapid than it was before Glazer but for the fans to moan and complain about the club being run for money and having no soul is blatantly hypocritical.

God Bless Malcolm Glazer for p**sing off every Man Utd fan.

Old 14-05-2005, 03:30   #6
Senior Member+

Heres a letter from Malcolm........

My dear Soccerettes
I AM aware that there has been some concern raised following my takeover. Some have questioned my love of soccer and my lack of knowledge of the history of Manchester soccer club. This is unfair.
I know all about the players who made the side great — from the Buzzy Babes, through star quarterbacks like Roy Kane, wide receivers like David Beckham and Rian Gigs, the stoppers like Peter Smikel and the running-backs like the great duo of Steve and Bruce.
I know of the older players, too, like Derick Cantona and George Pest, so as you can see I am a real fan like you guys! There will obviously be changes to take us forward to next season’s Soccerbowl.

THUMBS UP ... Glazer
I have decided to give our most loyal fans a reward and home games will take place in the Epsom Arena, near to our main fanbase.
I have leased Old Trafford to the real Manchester side, who will use it for reserve games. The 80 seats for home games will be competitively priced at $5,000.
I have replaced the manager with a younger model. He may not be well known here but he has taken the Tampabay Bucs to a Superbowl. His name is Jon Gruden.
Coach Gruden has cut those strange brothers, the forgetful defender, that ginger bloke, the Welsh one and the Dutch one Rudd Van Horse. We will be recruiting the best talent that the American soccer league has to offer in their places.
I hope this eases your concerns and, like me, you look forward to a very profitable future.
Malcolm

Old 20-05-2005, 06:33   #7
Senior Member+

Well we will have to wait and see what happens here.After all it could turn out to be a good thing.Maybe man Utd and all that are connected with the club will raelise that they are not so high and mighty after all.they needed taking down a peg or two did Utd and it looks like it has happenned finally.
Old 20-05-2005, 09:34   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thumbs up Re: Glazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik Dickinson
Well we will have to wait and see what happens here.After all it could turn out to be a good thing.Maybe man Utd and all that are connected with the club will raelise that they are not so high and mighty after all.they needed taking down a peg or two did Utd and it looks like it has happenned finally.
agree entirely mik got to say mr glazer is a new addition to my christmas card list lol
Old 20-05-2005, 11:11   #9
Senior Member+

Xmas card list i think he should go down on the New Years Honours list LOL!So now it will not be North against South but Russia against America.Cold war transferred to the footie pitch LOL!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..