Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2007, 18:48   #1
God Member

good OLD punch up!

London police have said that more than 30 football fans were arrested after a fight involving knives, hockey sticks and baseball bats broke out between fans of English clubs Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur.

Thirty-four men were arrested, including five of the seven who were taken to hospital after sustaining head, facial and stab injuries in the violence that erupted following Sunday's FA Cup quarter-final.

Police believe the clash outside a west London pub was pre-arranged and said they had recovered knives, hockey sticks, baseballs bats and wood studded with nails from the scene.

The five men arrested while being treated in hospital were a 52-year old from Kentish Town, a 22-year old from Kentish Town, a 41-year old from Chigwell, a 55-year old from Bermondsey and a 31-year old from Bedfordshire.

PMSL!.. Old boy's arranging punch up's.. and we slate the "kids of today" LOL!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2007, 18:55   #2
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: good OLD punch up!

why cant men go to a footie match and be civilised instead of being like big kids!! they so pathetic!
Old 13-03-2007, 19:00   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
why cant men go to a footie match and be civilised instead of being like big kids!! they so pathetic!
Plenty of drink and anything can happen sadley. One day there will be a match of this size and scope without a raised fist. Though I wouldnt mind the odds to put a new 20 brick note on.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 19:07   #4
God Member

Sounds pre-arranged to me or do you always watch footy with your hockey stick!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 19:12   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
Sounds pre-arranged to me or do you always watch footy with your hockey stick!
10 years ago an Old Firm would have started run and finished like this. Seen a few and done a runner from one which made me glad to see a canal thanks to knowing were I was going.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-03-2007, 19:14   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Police believe the clash outside a west London pub was pre-arranged and said they had recovered knives, hockey sticks, baseballs bats and wood studded with nails from the scene!
well it dosnt take sherlock to figure out peopel going to footy dont realy need any of that lot does it lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 19:24   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
well it dosnt take sherlock to figure out peopel going to footy dont realy need any of that lot does it lol

You wanna see what damage a plastic bottle of lemonade can do when used as a weapon.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-03-2007, 20:15   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was once stood next to a guy who shouted "PINK" and proceeded to hurl a pink snooker ball into the opposing fans,that was mid 60s,so not much seems to change.
Old 13-03-2007, 20:28   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
was once stood next to a guy who shouted "PINK" and proceeded to hurl a pink snooker ball into the opposing fans,that was mid 60s,so not much seems to change.
If he did that these day's he'd get nicked for incitement to gay predjudice..( by the way did he score 6 points?.. he should have gone for black cos that's 7)
What made me laugh was that it seems most of the blokes that pre-arranged this fight are in there 50's..LOL
Old 13-03-2007, 20:33   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

they used to be around that age at millwall mancie when i was young,very intimidating lads being chased by big hairy arsed dockers armed with meathooks.
Old 13-03-2007, 20:40   #11
God Member

there's nowt wrong wi a good old punch up, i love it *walks away thinking i havent had one for a while, but i have someone in mind for the next one*
Old 13-03-2007, 20:50   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
they used to be around that age at millwall mancie when i was young,very intimidating lads being chased by big hairy arsed dockers armed with meathooks.
Cor Blimey Cashy.. took your life your hands going to Millwall mate..mind you some Accy webbers would give a weeks wages to be chased by hairy arsed dockers!... LOL ( not named )

Last edited by Mancie; 13-03-2007 at 20:55.
Old 13-03-2007, 20:55   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Cor Blimey Cashy.. took your life your hands going to Millwall mate ( mind you some Accy webbers would give a weeks wages to be chased by hairy arsed dockers!)... LOL
never missed a match home or away for many years mancie, ya wouldn,t believe half o what i could tell ya.now when i think back- its a wonder i got a head.
Old 13-03-2007, 21:07   #14
God Member

Mind you I wouldn't liked to have been in these Millwall pubs when West Ham turned up (taken from unmarked police car)

Last edited by Mancie; 13-03-2007 at 21:13.
Old 25-03-2007, 21:28   #15
God Member

Difference between hockey - oops ICE hockey - and football is that in hockey all the mayhem is on the ice (I do believe that manslaughter draws a 2 minute penalty) while the fans are relatively peaceful. In football, well, you get the picture.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..