Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2013, 17:13   #16
Senior Member+

Re: good publicity for a change

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
ok so i dont get it, are you saying that his £120,000 per week (or whatever, the figure isnt really important) that he is donating, will actually reap him more in some kind of tax dodge, than if he took the money, and paid tax on it?

please explain, or provide a link cos i dont understand!!
Perhaps if you quoted which post you refer to someone could explain it for you
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2013, 17:30   #17
Resting in Peace

If he's making more money out of donating his wages to charity, I would mind knowing how he does that and I suspect so do a lot more people
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 17:37   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Only as far as the Frogs are concerned because they'll be missing out on a big chunk of Lucre due to him donating his earnings to a charity.

David Beckham's generosity in donating his PSG salary questioned in France | Football News | ESPN.co.uk
see thats what i mean with i dont understand, how can he be "accused" of only doing it as tax avoidance, if he isnt receiving the income he is obviously avoiding paying tax, cos he hasnt got the money! but it isn't a scam of any kind, its just rather give the money, plus he would be subject to uk tax not french, as he is remaining resident in uk, and only temp residence in france

its simple, be it 75% or 50% he would still be left over with 1.5-2 million that he is GIVING AWAY! it isnt creating any extra revenue through tax breaks is it?

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 17:39   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Perhaps if you quoted which post you refer to someone could explain it for you
thought it was pretty obvious, as i was the one who created the thread, that i would of understood that he was donating his money!, the only other issue raised was that of the tax issue!

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 17:52   #20
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
how can he be "accused" of only doing it as tax avoidance, if he isnt receiving the income
That's just it, Monsewer T&R see him offering up 170 thou a week, 680 thou a month, of which they won't see a single cent & because they'll be going empty handed as far as they're concerned he's avoiding paying a hefty chunk to their coffers. I think it's called sour grapes, the ones they'll later press into wine due for export to UK.

« Spitting | Gaza »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..