Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 13:19   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Hodgson for England Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Appointed on a 4 year deal. Good luck Woy, you're going to need it
Well they dropped him in at the deep end - only 5 weeks to get a team in shape! Beats me why they didn't pick someone months earlier?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2012, 13:24   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Well they dropped him in at the deep end - only 5 weeks to get a team in shape! Beats me why they didn't pick someone months earlier?
They were probably trying to see if they could get Harry,on the cheap.
Old 04-05-2012, 18:15   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
They were probably trying to see if they could get Harry,on the cheap.
Or Cheep if he was going for a song
Old 05-05-2012, 11:22   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Wrong KK did much better as yeh well know.
Think you will find his record at Liverpool is better than KK is doing this season and his record at Blackburn can't be any worse than Kean's
Old 05-05-2012, 13:40   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Think you will find his record at Liverpool is better than KK is doing this season and his record at Blackburn can't be any worse than Kean's
Kean is the worst manager in history although the states don't actually show it, the top ten worst managers only have a few games on their states before they got the chop, since Venky's gave Kean the job he's been their 18 months and his win ratio is below 20%, if he'd have been at any other club in the country he'd have been sacked long ago, but he's just on an ego trip, which could come to an end tomorrow afternoon but certainly on Monday
Old 06-05-2012, 10:18   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Kean is the worst manager in history although the states don't actually show it, the top ten worst managers only have a few games on their states before they got the chop, since Venky's gave Kean the job he's been their 18 months and his win ratio is below 20%, if he'd have been at any other club in the country he'd have been sacked long ago, but he's just on an ego trip, which could come to an end tomorrow afternoon but certainly on Monday
I can't see Kean walking out as he wouldn't get paid up and Venky's will have to pay up his contract if they sack him. From the tightwad attitude they have shown so far I cannot see them being prepared to pay up his contract. But if he goes, whichever way, then who will be prepared to step into the abyss. The big concern has to be that if they do go down they could go into free fall. Keep the faith Jay, things can only get better - sometime
Old 06-05-2012, 10:34   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I can't see Kean walking out as he wouldn't get paid up and Venky's will have to pay up his contract if they sack him. From the tightwad attitude they have shown so far I cannot see them being prepared to pay up his contract. But if he goes, whichever way, then who will be prepared to step into the abyss. The big concern has to be that if they do go down they could go into free fall. Keep the faith Jay, things can only get better - sometime
I think your analogy is spot on Barrie, the useless git won't quit, seeing he's very little chance of getting another job, dignity or no dignity, nobody will touch him with a 10' barge pole, and who the hell will work for Venky's, knowing what's gone on since they took over, all they want is a yes man, that's why they got rid of BFS, he wouldn't have taken the crap this shower have dealt out, that sometime won't be anytime soon and I doubt I'll be around to see it
Old 07-05-2012, 11:35   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Personally I'm not sure he's the right choice, but still, let the fella have a go first to see how it pans out & then make a decision.
One never knows, I feel he must be given a chance although I can't see England progressing too far - but after all he has only what he was left with.
As for 'arry, well, perhaps there is still a bad smell around from the alleged tax offences upon which he was cleared, but wasn't there also an alleged involvement in "bungs" a few years back?
One must also look at his credentials - what has he won?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:38   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
One must also look at his credentials - what has he won?
Goodwill from the majority of fans i speak too, Summat R.H. aint.
Old 07-05-2012, 19:23   #40

I think Woy could be just what England want. Ok he plays dull and boring football but I'd rather win 1-0 than lose 2-1.

I think if Arry was going to be England manager the FA would have asked him before now. He carries too much baggage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:35   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8715 View Post
I think Woy could be just what England want. Ok he plays dull and boring football but I'd rather win 1-0 than lose 2-1.

I think if Arry was going to be England manager the FA would have asked him before now. He carries too much baggage.

Ya we thought that at Ewood and again at Anfield, he'll end up another wally with the brolly
Old 18-05-2012, 22:37   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya we thought that at Ewood and again at Anfield, he'll end up another wally with the brolly
It was a very strange appointment indeed.

phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..