Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2008, 00:01   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

horror tackles?

after watching 3/4 times the tackle by guthrie (newcastle) on the unfortunate (hull city) player who ended up with a broken leg, i think the F.A. should get off the pot n try to eradicate this from our game, guthrie claims anyone who knows him would know there was no intent. well sorry that dont wash. i do not think his intent was to " Break" the guys leg, but the intent to "Kick" was there, no matter how you view it. i think players who do stuff like this should be automatically suspended until the injured player returns, n then when they do, fer the same period again. i think that punishment would have a considerable impact on the cleanliness of football, what do you think?
Old 17-09-2008, 06:46   #2
God Member

Re: horror tackles?

I think they should also pay half of thier wages to the injured player while he is out of action!
Old 17-09-2008, 08:08   #3
God Member

It's that brand of socially acceptable assault that has to be eradicated. I think your idea of suspending the player for as long as the victim is injured for would work well cashman.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 10:12   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
It's that brand of socially acceptable assault that has to be eradicated. I think your idea of suspending the player for as long as the victim is injured for would work well cashman.
Got to agree with cashy too, that tackle was terrible, the guy should be made t sit it out as long as the lad is on the side lines
Old 17-09-2008, 11:39   #5
God Member

Guthrie really should face Police action. If that was on the street he'd have been done for assault - why is it any different on a football pitch?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 13:02   #6
Loz

Couldn't believe it when i saw that it was a disgraceful tackle yet nothing seems to have been said about it really.
I agree with Shaker,if i or anybody else did that to somebody in the street we would be done for assault,just because he is a footballer doesn't mean he should be above the law.
Old 17-09-2008, 14:22   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well the thug is above the F.A. these ******* are taking no further action.
Old 17-09-2008, 17:05   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well the thug is above the F.A. these ******* are taking no further action.
The F.A do FA they're a toothless bloody tiger a waste of space
Old 18-09-2008, 11:21   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The F.A do FA they're a toothless bloody tiger a waste of space
Thats very true John,unless it involves Chelski then they will get involved.Like they did with the red card of John Terry's and cancel it outBut thats another subject
Old 18-09-2008, 20:39   #10
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead View Post
Thats very true John,unless it involves Chelski then they will get involved.Like they did with the red card of John Terry's and cancel it outBut thats another subject
If Terry played for Hull City you wouldn't give a toss, I thought it should have been just a yellow but I suppose because you play Chelski next your judgement maybe bias.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 21:02   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
If Terry played for Hull City you wouldn't give a toss, I thought it should have been just a yellow but I suppose because you play Chelski next your judgement maybe bias.
spot on. darren fletcher i just read on teletex says fair enough he thought only a yellow.
Old 18-09-2008, 21:08   #12
Senior Member+

No think you misread,it wasnt a jibe at Chelski or JT.Vidic got a yellow on saturday for a similar challenge,just got sent off for a 2nd yellow.My point is they only get involved when its the 'big' teams and thats it Sorry my post is abit vague LOL
Old 18-09-2008, 21:40   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
No think you misread,it wasnt a jibe at Chelski or JT.Vidic got a yellow on saturday for a similar challenge,just got sent off for a 2nd yellow.My point is they only get involved when its the 'big' teams and thats it Sorry my post is abit vague LOL
understandable mate, utd is only 1 step up from dingle.
Old 18-09-2008, 21:42   #14
Senior Member+

FC United if you please LOL
Old 18-09-2008, 21:59   #15
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Got the point now and I agree with you.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..