Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2005, 09:52   #1
Senior Member+

Houllier D.of.F at PSG

Former Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier has been offered a director of football role at Paris Saint Germain, following the dismissal of coach Vahid Halilhodzic this week.

With Laurent Fournier put in charge of the first team for the rest of the season, attention has turned to what changes the club will make in the coming months.

Houllier has already been contacted by PSG, confirming that he would mull over their approach whilst he continued his commentating duties in England for French television.

"Talks have started but there is nothing concrete yet," Houllier told L'Equipe.

"For the moment I am leaving for England to commentate on matches."

Alain Cayzac - one of PSG's most senior officials - confirmed the approach, and hinted that the feeling within the club was that Houllier would be an ideal appointment.

"If I said we weren't in negotiations [with Houllier] then I would be lying," said Cayzac.

"I don't think it would be a bad idea for Gerard to have a technical role.

"So far I think he is considering our proposition. Gerard is a man who thinks things through.

"I think we have a 60 percent chance of him coming to the club. I am awaiting his phone call.

"We could go to the end of the season together and then take stock. Three months is long term in football."

In terms of a change of coach in the summer - Lyon's Paul Le Guen, a legendary former player of the club, has inevitably been linked.

Le Guen has made Lyon a true force in his time at the club, but has delayed talks over an extended contract with the club - prompting rumours that a return to Parc de Princes may appeal.
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..