Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2008, 20:29   #196
God Member

Re: hughes to city

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
deadwood, now thats funnier than mine,20k + or 1500 (with 500 away)hmmmmm...now which stadium is dead ....
Hehe does that include the glory seekers ahahaha awww raver least out of the few u do make me chuckle next season for you lot will be a testing time, & soon will see.......who's your manager

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-06-2008, 20:37   #197
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
..who's your manager
Who's yours?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 20:43   #198
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Who's yours?
....... Only the 4th longest serving manager in the football league

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 21:06   #199
God Member

Quote:
....... Only the 4th longest serving manager in the football league
What League?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 10:45   #200
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
What League?
Thats not hard to achieve these days is it Roy, all football clubs are the same wether its in the Prem or league 2 clubs want success, Grant took chelski to second in the league the champs league and league cup final, but stil got sacked
Old 18-06-2008, 10:54   #201
God Member

Quote:
deadwood, now thats funnier than mine,20k + or 1500 (with 500 away)hmmmmm...now which stadium is dead ....
A bigger crowd doesn't necessarily mean there's a better atmosphere - depends on how passionate the fans are
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 16:05   #202
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
A bigger crowd doesn't necessarily mean there's a better atmosphere - depends on how passionate the fans are

can you here the stanley sing, tiz only the ultras that sing and from what i gather through the grapevine, they are dwindeling pretty fast !! ...

come to ewood, sample the "atmoshere" and feel the "passion"...it far outshines anything the stanley have

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 16:09   #203
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hehe does that include the glory seekers

well if it does,i really dont know why they are still here, because we aint had very much glory recently........

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 12:10   #204
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
when the inevitable happens big sam is a definate NO NO fer me, yeh he did ok at bolton, but to watch em - crap. i reckon rovers should start n up n coming guy,as hughes was, he'd only mamaged wales, i will probably get shouted down fer this but like i'm bovvered, i would go fer Paul Ince, don't personally like the guy, but hes got the same background as hughsie at man u, n aint done too bad on the bottom rung as hughes.
well i posted this on the 4th, n if todays telegraph is owt to go off, its looking likely, if it does happen,cashy will be one very happy bunny.
Old 19-06-2008, 21:21   #205
God Member

Quote:
can you here the stanley sing, tiz only the ultras that sing and from what i gather through the grapevine, they are dwindeling pretty fast !! ...

come to ewood, sample the "atmoshere" and feel the "passion"...it far outshines anything the stanley have
Been there - done it - hated it - nuff said
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 23:57   #206
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

disagree raver, i had a season ticket fer over 25 yrs n when we used to stand YES great atmosphere n passion, since seating much has been lost, gotta say i much prefer my very occasional trips up stanley fer that.
Old 20-06-2008, 10:31   #207
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

today is very good, Allerdyce has withdrawn his application, Mclaren has gone to Holland, leaving Ince,Laudrop, @ whoever prefer ince but wont be gutted if laudrop gets it.
Old 20-06-2008, 10:46   #208
Resting in Peace

Quote:
today is very good, Allerdyce has withdrawn his application, Mclaren has gone to Holland, leaving Ince,Laudrop, @ whoever prefer ince but wont be gutted if laudrop gets it.
I tend to agree cashy but I would like Laudrop as first choice
Old 20-06-2008, 12:48   #209
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I tend to agree cashy but I would like Laudrop as first choice
reason i lean towards ince is laudrop has not really any experiance of managing in britain, its a differant style completly to me.
Old 20-06-2008, 13:21   #210
God Member

Quote:
reason i lean towards ince is laudrop has not really any experiance of managing in britain, its a differant style completly to me.
I would argue that Laudrup's experience is more suitable than Ince's as he has at least managed top flight football with Getafe in Spain. Ince has only managed at League 2 level. Ince's management experience is somewhat useless when it comes to the premiership.

Ince only succeeded at MK Dons because he had the money required to buy whatever player he wanted to win the league. He also had scouts to do the searching for him, and Ray Matthias who knows lower league football enough to coach the team. Ince was merely brought in as manager for his fame and profile.

Can't think of a single positive reason to make Ince Blackburn manager.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..