Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2008, 13:47   #211
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: hughes to city

well ya lost me with that shaker,i thought every manager had scoutsplus most mangers when they take over bring their own backroom staff, ince also saved macclesfield without a pot to pee in, plus he spent his career playing in britain, also british international experiance, i know that don't make a premier manager, but seems to me like more positives than laudrop, plus i reckon you are letting bias come into it, cos hes n obnoxious git.
Old 20-06-2008, 14:06   #212
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well ya lost me with that shaker,i thought every manager had scoutsplus most mangers when they take over bring their own backroom staff, ince also saved macclesfield without a pot to pee in, plus he spent his career playing in britain, also british international experiance, i know that don't make a premier manager, but seems to me like more positives than laudrop, plus i reckon you are letting bias come into it, cos hes n obnoxious git.
No not every manager has scouts. My point is that Ince didn't have to have any knowledge of the football league to succeed as he had Ray Matthias' knowledge and scouts to find the right players. With Ince as a big name celebrity it was easy to sign them.

As for him playing in the top flight - it was a totally different game when he was playing. Over the last few years the players have become more athletic and faster. Also, much of the bully boy tactics he employed are useless in the Premiership because of the non-contact sport it has now become.

If you take playing careers out of it - as in my opinion Laudrup has an equally illustrious record, perhaps even better than Ince's - then you are left with Laudrup who has managed in the European top flight, and on the other hand you have Ince who has managed two clubs one league above non-league football.

Ince's success as a manager is purely down to (a) having bags of cash at MK Dons and (b) because his players were fighting for contracts at Macc (even John Miles played well at Macc).

I'm not putting bias into it (although he is a ******), I really can't think of a single reason why Rovers would want Ince.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 14:30   #213
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i am viewing it similar to brian clough who was certainly obnoxious, came from the bottom division to manage Derby, Notts Forest, both clubs to me on the same level as blackburn, unfashionable can't compete with the big 4, did great things with those clubs, also the best man NEVER to manage England in the view of many fans of that era, also the reason i was against shearer(best no9 i ever saw at blackburn) but no experiance. if clough could come from Hartlepool n do the biz, i see every chance ince could do similar. time will only tell if he arrives, but i reckon he should be given the chance, laudrop on the other hand managed in spain i think, differant ballgame altogether, as i know first hand, used to watch Malaga occasionally.
Old 20-06-2008, 16:52   #214
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I would argue that Laudrup's experience is more suitable than Ince's as he has at least managed top flight football with Getafe in Spain. Ince has only managed at League 2 level. Ince's management experience is somewhat useless when it comes to the premiership.

Ince only succeeded at MK Dons because he had the money required to buy whatever player he wanted to win the league. He also had scouts to do the searching for him, and Ray Matthias who knows lower league football enough to coach the team. Ince was merely brought in as manager for his fame and profile.

Can't think of a single positive reason to make Ince Blackburn manager.
You make a good point shaker, but Ince is a winner he was when he waS playing, I know I used to curse him when he played againt the Rovers. As I've said I'd prefare Laudrup, but Ince wouldn't be a total disaster
Old 20-06-2008, 18:14   #215
God Member

Sorry Jaysay but I reckon a total disaster is just what Ince would be if he were to get the Blackburn job, aside from the fact that he deliberately tripped one of our players on his way past the dugout for having the gall to equalise against his Macclesfield team or that he slapped one of our players when we played MK Dons last season (but because of his 'fame' didn't get punished for it) that still leaves a big headed arrogant idiot who though it was quite acceptable to verbally abuse one of our female fans. All this is quite apart from his management skills which from what I have seen of him are practically non-existant, a trained monkey could have got the Dons promoted last season with the money they had to splash around.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 18:55   #216
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Can't think of a single positive reason to make Ince Blackburn manager.
I can John Miles is the New David Bentley

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 09:58   #217
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Sorry Jaysay but I reckon a total disaster is just what Ince would be if he were to get the Blackburn job, aside from the fact that he deliberately tripped one of our players on his way past the dugout for having the gall to equalise against his Macclesfield team or that he slapped one of our players when we played MK Dons last season (but because of his 'fame' didn't get punished for it) that still leaves a big headed arrogant idiot who though it was quite acceptable to verbally abuse one of our female fans. All this is quite apart from his management skills which from what I have seen of him are practically non-existant, a trained monkey could have got the Dons promoted last season with the money they had to splash around.
thats unfair accymad, it was only harwood red he abused.
Old 21-06-2008, 10:05   #218
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Money doesn't make any difference if the manager can't manage, if its just money that wins things why are Leeds now in div 1, why haven't Liverpool, Newcastle, Tottenham, Villa won the Prem. When Rovers won the prem they had Jacks money behind them and Kenny and Ray to manage the team, one is no good without the other
Old 21-06-2008, 11:07   #219
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats unfair accymad, it was only harwood red he abused.
Oy watch it you

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2008, 12:17   #220
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

interesting letter in todays evening telegraph, from Espen.S.Oslo,=to all the fans who want laudrop;remember why he resigned from Getafe? its the same reason Hughes walked away from us- no transfer funds. think thats summat to reflect on.
Old 21-06-2008, 17:41   #221
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Money doesn't make any difference if the manager can't manage, if its just money that wins things why are Leeds now in div 1, why haven't Liverpool, Newcastle, Tottenham, Villa won the Prem. When Rovers won the prem they had Jacks money behind them and Kenny and Ray to manage the team, one is no good without the other
I know what you're saying but still say Ince is not a good manager, Ray Matthias does all the legwork, he is just a figurehead. Maybe if he got the job & brings Matthias with him there could be half a chance but without the money he's been used to working with sorry but I somehow doubt it.
Old 22-06-2008, 10:22   #222
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I know what you're saying but still say Ince is not a good manager, Ray Matthias does all the legwork, he is just a figurehead. Maybe if he got the job & brings Matthias with him there could be half a chance but without the money he's been used to working with sorry but I somehow doubt it.
Maybe he will bring Matthias with him AccyMad, but its been stated that there is £15 million transfer kitty, plus anything coming in from outgoing transfares ill go into the pot, could have upwards of £40 million to play with
Old 22-06-2008, 15:25   #223
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Maybe he will bring Matthias with him AccyMad, but its been stated that there is £15 million transfer kitty, plus anything coming in from outgoing transfares ill go into the pot, could have upwards of £40 million to play with
But I thought Hughes left because there were no funds available for new players?? Anyway time will tell I suppose, and good luck if you do get Paul Ince - you'll need it .
Old 22-06-2008, 15:31   #224
God Member

On SSN now - Ince named Rovers manager. Roy Evans is on and one thing he's saying is true and that's that Ince likes to win at all costs - I wouldn't argue with that, trouble is he doesn't care how he does it and that's not a good quality. Good luck Blackburn - you never know he might even bring John Miles with him, he seems to rate him even though no-one else in the league does
Old 22-06-2008, 15:42   #225
God Member

Excellent appointment

Rumour in this mornings papers is that he wants to make the franchise captain Keith Andrews his first signing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..