Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2008, 15:33   #31
Senior Member+

Smile Re: ince

:ar ty:

Hope you all understand it was banter now.

Last edited by fc:stanley; 24-11-2008 at 15:36.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2008, 15:53   #32
Resting in Peace

Reince

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i know its banter, but everyone don't, would be handy to put a smilie after yer comment. like this.
Exactly but notice I didn't use them in my reply cashy
Old 24-11-2008, 15:56   #33
Resting in Peace

Re: ince

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
:ar ty:

Hope you all understand it was banter now.
Your forgiven stanley, must have taken you half an hour to find all them smileys
Old 24-11-2008, 20:40   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Don't want to get involved in the Ince debate, as it's nowt to do with me. However, Roy, I feel you are being somewhat unfair on my team, possibly because you are basing your opinion on one visit to the FES. In fact, Stanley have been playing very good football recently and are looking a well-organised and tactically adept team, by second division standards...and if you don't believe me, a very good mate of mine who is a diehard Rovers fan and who has been coming along with me this season, will, I'm sure, back me up!
here..calm down Wynonie..you must be talking about Burnley!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 21:25   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
here..calm down Wynonie..you must be talking about Burnley!
Burnley?...Burnley?...oh yes, that was the team you used to watch, after you'd stopped watching your hometown club, Rovers, and before you started watching Man U. I suppose they must all blur into one at times!
Old 24-11-2008, 21:33   #36
God Member

Quote:
Burnley?...Burnley?...oh yes, that was the team you used to watch, after you'd stopped watching your hometown club, Rovers, and before you started watching Man U. I suppose they must all blur into one at times!
Ah yes.. must have been the blur..or sudden awakening that I could go to Old Trafford and watch football..not souped up pub teams that sometimes blatantly offend the trades description act!
Old 24-11-2008, 22:37   #37
God Member

Quote:
Ah yes.. must have been the blur..or sudden awakening that I could go to Old Trafford and watch football..not souped up pub teams that sometimes blatantly offend the trades description act!
Like Millwall?????????????

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2008, 22:50   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Like Millwall?????????????
Yep..even Millwall
Old 25-11-2008, 08:55   #39
Super Moderator

Quote:
You've summed up your attitude to football supporting brilliantly there. For you, it's like going into a supermarket to choose a tin of beans...or soup. Got fed up of one brand?...don't worry, it's easy to switch to another. Fortunately, most of us on here, whether we're Stanley, Rovers or Burnley fans, believe in concepts like "loyalty" and "commitment" and supporting our club, even in the bad times.

And, Mancie, I might support a "souped up pub team", but they're MY team, who I've supported through thick and thin. That's something you will never be able to say!
Old 25-11-2008, 09:49   #40
Resting in Peace

Spot on Wynonie, couldn't have put it better misen
Old 25-11-2008, 10:40   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Er, we told you but you all would nae listen

Now the Ince Out brigade are in full voice, in November!!!!!

Spectators or "Supporters!"
spectator or "supporter"... I have spent many thousands of my well earned money watching rovers over the last 30 years home and away...and when things are not good enough i have every right to say what i feel, good. bad, positive or negative...i am blackburn rovers along with the other 20 odd thousand so what we say should be listened to...just think if we did what stanley fans do and sit at home...we'd be in the same predicament..NO MONEY NO HOPE !! having to keep a manager because we know we wouldnt be able to attract another who would put up with the crap the club throws at him......il let you decide ..spectator or "supporter"

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 12:42   #42
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
just think if we did what stanley fans do and sit at home...we'd be in the same predicament..NO MONEY NO HOPE !! having to keep a manager because we know we wouldnt be able to attract another who would put up with the crap the club throws at him
Here we go again ...Accrington is probably the smallest town in the football league, it has a premiership and a championship club on its doorstep and at least a couple of generations have grown up without a league club in the town and have, thus, formed allegiances towards clubs from bigger places. So is it any wonder that crowds are currently small? As for Coley, I would imagine that Eric keeps him because he is doing what no other manager has ever done - keeping a club in the league on gates of around 1,600.

As for your charge of "no money no hope", yes, we don't have much dosh, but no hope?...We're 14th division in two and either beating or holding our own against Luton, Bournemouth, Chesterfield and the like. Ten years ago we wouldn't have dared to dream that we'd be in such a position. So, no hope?...no way! Personally, I'm happier in football terms than I've ever been in my life and I would imagine that most of our fans are, too!

So, if you want to have a pop at Ince, that's your prerogative, but don't have a go at Stanley...we deserve more credit than that!
Old 25-11-2008, 13:45   #43
God Member

It's pretty obvious by now that Ince is a man promoted way beyond his own abilities. The only questions that remain are when will he go, who will replace him, and does anyone in Accy really give a ****?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 16:39   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
It's pretty obvious by now that Ince is a man promoted way beyond his own abilities. The only questions that remain are when will he go, who will replace him, and does anyone in Accy really give a ****?
Yes I do well in Ossy
Old 25-11-2008, 16:49   #45
Resting in Peace

Reince

Quote:
Here we go again ...Accrington is probably the smallest town in the football league, it has a premiership and a championship club on its doorstep and at least a couple of generations have grown up without a league club in the town and have, thus, formed allegiances towards clubs from bigger places. So is it any wonder that crowds are currently small? As for Coley, I would imagine that Eric keeps him because he is doing what no other manager has ever done - keeping a club in the league on gates of around 1,600.

As for your charge of "no money no hope", yes, we don't have much dosh, but no hope?...We're 14th division in two and either beating or holding our own against Luton, Bournemouth, Chesterfield and the like. Ten years ago we wouldn't have dared to dream that we'd be in such a position. So, no hope?...no way! Personally, I'm happier in football terms than I've ever been in my life and I would imagine that most of our fans are, too!

So, if you want to have a pop at Ince, that's your prerogative, but don't have a go at Stanley...we deserve more credit than that!
I agree with everything you've said Wynonie, I can remember some years ago when John Alty was chairman, and Ken Hargreaves (who was the MP at the time) spent a lot of time at Stanley, and they had a, I think it was a ten year plan to gain league status. It took a few years more, but after Mr Alty left and Eric took over, what has been done since then is nothing short of a miracle, especially as you said being stuck between two relatively bigger clubs and the lose of two generations of supporters, they (Copy and Eric) deserve all the plaudits they are given

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..